1,946 Reviews

949 of 1,050 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars TV on your tablet or phone
This brilliant gem of an app enables me to watch TV on my kindle fire tablet.

The channels available are approximately those available on Freeview. They include the BBC, ITV, CH4 and CH5 channels plus loads more.

The customer interface is minimal but effective. The channel list is displayed on the left hand side, with the picture on the right. The...
Published on 1 Jan. 2013 by mark winter

1.0 out of 5 stars Good app gone bad.
Published 18 months ago by Grumpy Dad

1.0 out of 5 stars Good app gone bad., 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
This app used to have a great range of channels. It was excellent. The recent removal of +1channels, E4, more4 etc has made it a limited product. If you like shopping or news, then you might get something from this. If it's entertainment, don't bother. Before the recent changes this was a 5 star product (even with the odd glitch and the ads). Now it is not worth the effort.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing upgrade means pointless app, 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
This was the best app I had downloaded. HOWEVER, the upgrade has deleted most of the channels I want to watch - in particular Itv 3 and itv 3+1. Really very disappointed, I don't know why the creators thought that was a good direction to go in.

1.0 out of 5 stars What on earth have you done!, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
When I originally uploaded this app it was fantastic, every channel I wanted. Since the update its awful. I am a busy mum with 3 children and used this app to snatch my Tv time. You have taken all the plus 1 channels off so I now miss a lot of my Programmes as well as the channels I used to love. Please fix this ASAP!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
This was not a catch up. It only let you watch what was on at that moment. But kept freezing a when watching. I must warn you NOT TO GET THIS. Not a catch up.

1.0 out of 5 stars TV CATCHUP.....NOT! HOW CAN YOU WITH NO +1 CHANNELS? WASTE OF SPACE!!, 20 Oct. 2013
Enid Blyton Babe! (RAINHILL, PRESCOT, Nr LIVERPOOL. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
I seriously loved TV CATCHUP 'cos it was a 'lifesaver', so often, if I missed a fave programme. I recommended it to a great many people, so I was totally shocked to find all the great Freeview channels gone.

So, if you can't catch up anymore, the title of the app is inappropriate and deceiving, as is the picture above, which clearly shows itv2 as being included, when it's been removed. This was my most used channel when I needed it.

I would be more than happy to pay for this app if all the missing channels (and more maybe), were returned. It is the only app I know of that has had such a high number of reviewers. Most raved about it...it had mainly 5 star reviews, everyone was happy with it it seemed, but now people are leaving it, or deleting it in droves. I can't understand why such a brilliant app has been deliberately ruined? What is the reason?

PLEASE, PLEASE BRING BACK THE FULL VERSION OF TV CATCHUP! I WILL PAY TO HAVE IT BACK AS IT WAS!! ( I WILL NEVER WATCH THE CATTLE FODDER PROGS THAT YOU HAVE ON NOW AS A RUBBISH ALTERNATIVE).

MAID MARION, RAINHILL, MERSEYSIDE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be a must have app., 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
This used to be our most used app that we would have recommended to anyone. Gone from 5 stars to 1 overnight.

All the decent channels we use the app for such as E4 and film 4 have now been replaced by absolute rubbish. Don't download this app now, search for an alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish upgrade!, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
Since the upgrade all the channels I liked have gone and been replaced with channels I've never heard of! I've deleted this app from my Kindle Fire - just not worth wasting the memory space!

1.0 out of 5 stars do not download till back to normal, 27 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
I used to use this as it had all the FREE TO AIR tv channels. But after an update it has maybe five channels and the rest are beep. I suggest biting the bullet and paying £2 for a whole better product. If they had minus stars I'd give it a minus 5. Useless program developers obviously never heard the phrase if it isn't broke then don't fix it.

1.0 out of 5 stars app update, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
Loved this app until the recent update. Have got rid of all the most popular channels which I don't understand why!? Unfortunately I will be deleting now as its useless to me now!! Such a shame it really WAS a great app! Glad I saved my review until now.
R

1.0 out of 5 stars App changes, 3 Oct. 2013
Mr. Alan W. Jayes (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
Don't bother downloading. Yesterday I would have given 5 stars, today 1 star as I can't submit review without any stars. All the decent freeview channels have been replaced with qvc and more home shopping channels than you could shake a stick at..... along with some channels that are unheard of. Have completely removed from my kindle hd. This is one upgrade that has ruined a great app. Shame on you.

TVCatchup