on 18 October 2013
I'd read the first in this series and really enjoyed it, so when the second came out on Kindle I bought it. I felt this one wasn't quite as good as the first, though I can't quite put my finger on why. The plot was ok and had quite a nice twist in it; I like the main character, but I think it felt a little more formulaic than the first. This is very subjective, and I daresay others will love it. It's not one I would read again.
on 12 October 2013
This is a book similar to 'the curate's egg'. The cover is inviting, the start is very good, but then the reader becomes bored with a plethora of rather disconnected events and then the story ends on a better note. The theme is good, but I really had to force myself to finish reading it and only because it was not a free book!

Ken R
on 24 November 2013
Alex goes on a cruise in a luxurious yacht with a collection of masterpieces about to be
auctioned. She has to verify that the paintings are genuine, but all is not calm at sea, she is attacked, a painting slashed and she does not know who to trust. A lively excursion into the darker side of art with a happy surprising ending. I couldn't put it down.
on 27 October 2013
I have read the previous book and like that one l was unable to put this one down until l finished it. The story gripped me from the beginning and carried through some interesting places as well as providing me with information about art theft. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for something a little different
on 9 December 2013
This book sounded really promising but it was actually disappointing. The main character didn't really surface in the book until part way through. The plot had great potential that was never realised, I felt that the author hadn't planned this out at all. It drifted along and the dialogue was brief and could have been injected with far more humour and suspense. The characters lacked depth which could have made the difference to this book achieving its promise. One to miss
on 12 April 2015
I love art and mysteries but I could not get into the style of this book and gave up very early on. I got no feeling of connection with the characters and dialogue which is what draws one into continuing with a book. I found it dull and the detailed arty bits which I thought would enhance the reading just came over as boring. Sorry.
on 30 September 2013
I found it a slow start but once I got going I didn't want to put it down. A good twist to the plot. I would recommend the book and author. Looking forward to the next one..
on 6 January 2014
I quite enjoyed this book and felt it would make an ideal story to read on holiday. However, it wasn't the gripping type of mystery that makes the reader keep reading into the small hours of the night. I will certainly buy other books by these authors.
on 28 December 2013
Having read the firstbook in the series, and reasonably enjoyed that. I thought i would give this a go. The characters are well written,a well developed plot and quite pacey when it gets to the exciting bits. But it becomes to technical in places and I find the Authors waffling on about nothing and spoil the plot & story line. Would read the next book in the series if they stop Waffling.
on 18 October 2013
It was a good read but took quite a while to get going. The technical details got a bit bogged down so some were skipped. I would recommend this to friends