5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm supportive baselayer
Offers great support and warmth.Great baselayer for outdoor activities on very cold days.Wear mine under thermals working outside in the bitter cold
Published 4 months ago by Andy

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work
I really like the look of these tights, and they even fit well.
They are very warm, exactly as I hoped.

Until you start sweating.

They are quite poor at wicking the moisture away from your body, this means that you get cold and chafed.

So unless you are not planning on doing sports in them I cannot recommend.
Published 1 month ago by Morten Austin Bücking

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm supportive baselayer, 8 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., 12 April 2014
Very good product. Truly recommend the buy of this product. Would buy it again. Quality as expected. I'm not disappointed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot pants, 22 Mar 2014
M. Harrison "Hamish" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
When did we all start needing ‘kit’? The first time I announced I was ‘going for a run’, it was in plimsolls, football shorts and a T-shirt. I knew when to start when the second hand had passed twelve on my wrist watch.

But now, forty years on, it seems I need specially engineered items to help me get five seconds off my already very unremarkable 10k time.

And so now I apparently need a ‘base-layer’ when going for a run.

And actually, I really do. The past was a chilly place. I’ve never liked running in track suit trousers or running leggings – the former are too baggy, the latter too tight around the knee. I find a base-layer keeps me and my not-so-finely tuned hamstrings warm. (For some reason cold calves just don’t register.)

These are a great base-layer. They are tight enough to do the job, but not uncomfortably so. They keep you warm, but don’t make you too hot. I feared they would feel sweaty and clammy, but they don’t. I am a 32” waist, and small is the right size.

And then there’s chaffing. I know this to be a common base-layer issue. Oddly I did have chaffing from these on the backs of my thighs the first time I did a long run (12 miles) – which happened to be the first time I wore them. But it hasn’t happened again since – and I have worn them to run longer distances. So perhaps they needed breaking in? Or perhaps I did.

Because of their compressing characteristics you’ll only want to wear them without shorts over the top if you are particularly pleased with yourself – in which case it’s an instinct probably best curbed. With shorts they are comfortable, and make you look more sporty than you deserve. And certainly more so than plimsolls and footie shorts.

It’s not so much going for a run as the march of progress.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 7 Mar 2014
I really like the look of these tights, and they even fit well.
They are very warm, exactly as I hoped.

Until you start sweating.

So unless you are not planning on doing sports in them I cannot recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 6 Feb 2014
Great shorts Fit well; snug but not too tight & no chaffing seams Good value will probably buy again would recommend, much better than usual named products

5.0 out of 5 stars Sub sports great as ever, 16 Jan 2014
These are warm but not hot and incredible value for money. No need to buy two in one shorts when these can go under any cheap unlined short for half the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Comfortable, 10 Jan 2014
Despite running for over 25 years I had not purchased anything like this before, but having read the reviews for the Sub Brand I decided to purchase these shorts to wear under my running tights for my winter training.

The shorts are of an excellent quality, they are soft and feel nice to the touch. Excellent when out running, keeping you warm and offer compression benefits at the same time.

I will definitely be buying from the Sub brand again fear value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me warm, 1 Jan 2014
Joe Thompson (London, England) - See all my reviews
Some of the most comfortable compression gear I have ever worn. Every bit as good as Nike pro combat and under armour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sub Cold, 30 Nov 2013
EXCELLENT - bought for my son with a short sleeved top. Dispatched from Sub Sports, (bought through Amazon) and arrived quickly and well packaged. They were 19 each and are really warm for these winter evenings playing Football.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, 20 Nov 2013
Satisfied with the product - got what I paid for in this cycle shorts, thanks. Fits snuggly, and washes well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›