5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, smooth and seductive story telling, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] (DVD)
This is a well made music documentary. It shows by the way the threads of interviews, archive footage and music have been woven together, often creating undertones and beautiful nuances that make for really satisfying viewing for the die-hard fan.

One example: whilst referring to the inception and subsequent reception of the first single, they (the talking heads) state how 'it has become a hit in it's own right'. This of course refers explicitly to 'Touch Me I'm Sick' - which is true, it has by now garnered cult 'hit' status - but at the same time the background music plays 'Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More' to implicitly suggest that this is equally true of the latter. (The band had initially considered 'Touch Me I'm Sick' the B-Side initially... make sense?)

Another fun use of editing is the inclusion of 'You Stupid @$$hole' at the pertinent moment to underline how the band felt towards the then-president of Caroline Records. You know, little things. And that's without restating the obvious merits mentioned in other reviews.

The film-makers clearly Know the Music - all of it - and exploit the catalogue throughout the soundtrack with style and finesse. If there's a Mudhoney lyric that can be called upon to emphasise the point, they'll skilfully employ it.
Or to put it another way: "There ain't nothing, no, we won't misuse!" - Sonic Infusion ;)

Besides all that what more can I say? I'm a Mudhoney JUNKIE and between this movie and the new paperback biography I definitely got my Fix. I gleamed a whole lot of subtle info I've never been privy to before and generally laughed my ass off (Thanks, Matt Lukin) whilst in perpetual awe and reverence for how Right they got it as a band of friends first and foremost. I tip my hat to the film-makers (as well as all the contributors) who put their hands on their heart to raise a glass to the might of Mudhoney: the muse, the mirth, the money (or lack there of)!

PS. Youtube has exclusive Deleted Scenes which are also worth seeing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 Aug. 2013
I. Hutton (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great documentary about a great band. The band interviews are funny, honest & show that these guys are in it for the pleasure of producing great music for them primarily & for the fans who know great rock n' roll when they hear it. It really is worth it, buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Days Remembered, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic Dvd of what is a great band who were at the forefront of the Seattle scene and to me it never dates

5.0 out of 5 stars They still got it...., 29 April 2013
Spider (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] (DVD)
A must for any old school Mudhoney fans, I thoroughly enjoyed this and I don't usually watch music DVD's, Matt Lukin is a legend...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Insight into a Great Band, 28 Mar. 2013
Mad Saro (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] (DVD)
If you are a fan this sets out their history to date - enjoy! Mudhoney are one of the greatest bands to emerge from the "Seattle" scene in the late eighties / early nineties - find out their story here.

5.0 out of 5 stars mudhoney, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] (DVD)
the story of mudhoney nuff said! excellent!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The story of one of my all time favourite bands., 23 Mar. 2013
I. J. Wright (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] (DVD)
One of the most enjoyable 100 minutes I have spent watching a documentary. The band themselves are funny, articulate and passionate about their jobs and tell the story with a great deal of humour and insight. If you like Mudhoney a must, if you like band documentaries also a must as their story is very different from most.

Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD]
Mudhoney - I'm Now: The Story of Mudhoney [DVD] by Ryan Short / Adam Pease (DVD - 2013)