Format: DVD|Change

on 29 January 2014
I have seen 'The Snowman' hundreds of times but I was very interested in seeing this new story. I was even more so when I heard it was going to be made in the old style, which is refreshing as I don't now about you but I am tired of new Animation.

We all sat down as a family and watched this and were completely absorbed but having lost two dogs this year found the throat tighten very quickly, When it finished there was a silence and then like the Mexican wave my eldest son burst into tears, I then burst into tears, then my wife and then my youngest son. Having said that we still had to watch it again and again.

The music. The classic song was brilliant but I really liked the new 'Main' song and fit into the story perfectly. IN a way - dare I say it - I preferred it to the original.

I really hope we see more hand drawn animation in the future as I really believe that there are young people leaving school with great artistic talent who want to draw not sit at a computer and I want to see there talent on screen just like the people behind 'The Snowman and The Snow dog'.

A family must have!
on 11 November 2013
Great value set, with both films being presented with top quality picture and sound.

The Snowman is a timeless classic, immediately bringing 30 years of Christmas memories flooding back.
The Snowman and the Snowdog follows this up beautifully, bring a new twist to the original.

A dvd set we will watch year after year, even when they repeat them on TV from time to time.
on 28 December 2013
What can I say! Amazing films. Two magnificent heart warming films for Christmas. Not just for children. Boyh films are magical and timeless.
on 30 April 2014
Both my children ( 4 and 6 years) loved both films, each has a magical timeless quality and it saved us several times over the festive period when excited children were 'not tired'. We turned off the lights and let them be charmed by the gentle pace. And soon not tired turned to sleepy heads. Fantastic.
on 16 June 2014
I bought the dvd and then found that the snowman and the snowdog were then in nearly every shop I went into and priced cheaper than I got it from the internet - still we will be watching it every Christmas
on 25 March 2014
the snowman is a classic christmas film. I had not seen the snowdog until i ordered this......it is even better than the original film. So lovely
on 11 November 2013
...The Making of the Snowman and Snowdog' documentary filmed in 2012 and containing an interview with the original (and very grumpy) Raymond Briggs is advertised as being on this and the Blu-Ray edition. To get it you need to press OK on the 'subtitles' wording under the bonus section. Sneaky eh ?
Mr Briggs should get his proper introduction restored to the original version. It segways beautifully into the film and the world doesn't need anymore David Bowie surely.
on 26 November 2013
I give this 5 stars as it's a favorite of mine that I have on DVD. It would be disappointing if it is region locked as it's not available in American on blu ray.

UPDATE: I took a chance on this being region since most of Universal's movies are but turns out it is region locked. I don't understand why they just don't release it in the U.S at the same time or make it region free. Very disappointed as I really don't want to invest in a region free player at this time.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2014
item arrived on time my grand daughter was delighted just what she wanted so thank you very much will look at your site again
on 25 May 2014
This DVD has been watched again and again. Timeless lovely story with just enough magic to keep the children enthral led.