5.0 out of 5 stars Family entertainment
Great value set, with both films being presented with top quality picture and sound.

The Snowman is a timeless classic, immediately bringing 30 years of Christmas memories flooding back.
The Snowman and the Snowdog follows this up beautifully, bring a new twist to the original.

A dvd set we will watch year after year, even when they repeat them...
Published 15 months ago by Mr. M. A. Spridgeon

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive.
Heavily overpriced for a couple of short cartoons! The stories would easily fit onto one disc!
Published 10 days ago by Nanikma

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Snowman / The Snowman and the Snowdog [DVD] [1982] (DVD)
I got this for my son for Christmas and he loved it was well worth getting kept him entertained for ages .

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Feb. 2014
a very good version, perfect for adults,the grafics in this film are cool, could watch this film hundrends of times.

5.0 out of 5 stars School purchase, 22 Feb. 2014
Year one class loved it. They sat so quietly ( which usually they can't). Great price for two dvd's. Classic Christmas Film.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favourite, 19 Feb. 2014
Been on at least once everyday since it arrived. We had it recorded on sky+ but changed the box so had to buy it and my three year old loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Snowman, 17 Feb. 2014
I have always loved the snowman since my kids were young.
I had been listening to the soundtrack of The snowman & the dog and I wanted to watch it so I could see where the music came in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classic films for all the family, 15 Feb. 2014
Fab films my boys adore them and makes Christmas time extra magical watching this. I don't think Christmas would be the same without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Snowman and the Snowdog put together!, 6 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my twin grandsons and they love it.
They sit transfixed and watch it time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful! Perfect! Balled my eyes out! A Family must have!, 29 Jan. 2014
I have seen 'The Snowman' hundreds of times but I was very interested in seeing this new story. I was even more so when I heard it was going to be made in the old style, which is refreshing as I don't now about you but I am tired of new Animation.

We all sat down as a family and watched this and were completely absorbed but having lost two dogs this year found the throat tighten very quickly, When it finished there was a silence and then like the Mexican wave my eldest son burst into tears, I then burst into tears, then my wife and then my youngest son. Having said that we still had to watch it again and again.

The music. The classic song was brilliant but I really liked the new 'Main' song and fit into the story perfectly. IN a way - dare I say it - I preferred it to the original.

I really hope we see more hand drawn animation in the future as I really believe that there are young people leaving school with great artistic talent who want to draw not sit at a computer and I want to see there talent on screen just like the people behind 'The Snowman and The Snow dog'.

A family must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Snowman / The Snowman and the Snowdog [Blu-ray] [1982], 16 Jan. 2014
Purchased The Snowman / The Snowman and the Snowdog for festive season to watch with family, Good quality a lovely treat. would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept my nephews quiet for an hour - bargain!, 15 Jan. 2014
Andrew Grant (Brighton, E Sussex. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This was bought to replace an unuseable VHS copy, just before Christmas (2013), with the idea of keeping the nephews quiet just before Christmas lunch. It worked; they loved it (so did my missus)!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›