Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 28 February 2014
The price was right so my wife and I bought seasons 1 and 2. The first season is SLOW to get going but persevere as it picks up in the second half and season 2 is better paced throughout. It would be nice to see a bit more of the aliens and you do have to wonder just how difficult it would be for a species that can cross interstellar space to entirely wipe out their primitive human enemies but hey ho, ignore all that and enjoy the action. It's just a pity they hired George W Bush to play the military chief.
on 13 August 2013
I absolutely love this series. Wasn't sure at first but after first couple of episodes was hooked. Just when you think all the characters in play have been introduced you get another type of alien emerging which raises another question and keeps you coming back for more. Any scfi fans should enjoy this.
on 3 February 2014
Absolutely fantastic value bluray box set !!
Series is absolutely brilliant love the story so far waiting for season 3!!!!
on 14 October 2014
I really couldn't get into this despite the presence of the excellent Noah Wyle in the cast. It had all the irritating qualities of Lost and other mini-series where the plot seems made up as the series progresses. Too few aliens and too many irritating people.
on 21 July 2013
Was hesitant at first thought that maybe this is your usual cliche apocalyptic nightmare world of aliens and a broken human race, (ok it is that way slightly) though I don't get some negative comments about less action, what do you want a series full of action and no story? probably better off watching a Van Damme movie. there is action but also a heart as well, I think it is crafted together well. The acting and stories are first class.
granted the first season does suffer from the occasional bad CGI, but the second season improves, and the first season will be a bit slow as its well the first season. I'm a few episodes away from the finale of season 2, and I can tell you I really am enjoying this show, and I am not easily pleased when it comes to Sci-Fi.
thankfully there is a third season so no signs of cancellation as of yet.
But the show is a breathe of fresh air. Ok may not be total original or genre cliche free.
But it is good Noah Wyle is excellent but it is an ensemble led cast.
and though it focuses on the humanity and peoples interactions but this is far from Eastenders meets V.
though would be nice if they made it into a 13 episode run rather than 10. I get that 22 episodes might be a bit too much and could lose pace with that many episodes but 13 would have been cool. But it does seem that the US has copied the British way of a ten episode run. (not to say I'm saying that America are copying England)
I totally recommend this series, and if you've been unsure over the first season keep on, I was at first had gotten the first series earlier but sold it. But thank god brought series one and two together. And am really enjoying it.
kind of surprised they didn't do that usual episode where it shows what happened before and the first time the invasion happened. But that may come or they may just decide not to bother with that kind of plot device.
as always am thankful of another great series to follow and watch.
hope this has been helpful, sorry no plot narratives this series has been reviewed plenty plus I have the tendency to go on and would probably ending up telling you everything that happens and I would get loads of negative comments and my life would no doubt be in mortal danger. So decided to be a good reviewer and not do that.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 16 July 2013
Falling skies is one of my favourite TV shows. It tells the story of the aftermath of a global alien invasion. The story follows a group of survivors of the invasion and their attempt to fight back. The first season is very good indeed, whilst the second is even better. This series will definitely appeal to Sci-fi fans and those who like apocalyptical and post apocalypse type movies. However if these are not the genres you enjoy this might not be the series for you.
on 19 August 2013
A great new series, defintely worth a watch. Interesting twist at the end of the second series!
Looking forward to series three.
on 14 August 2013
Loved it fantastic value for money. Great entertainment hours of entertainment for all of
our family and visitors. Thank you.
on 26 August 2013
What a great series. Can't wait for series 3. Very addictive indeed.I watched series one and two in a week lol.
on 29 June 2014
I guess you can guess what I thought about this series? Well, it certainly was a good series no doubt about it, one connected with the characters very easily and emotionally, glad that another series has been made too. I am waiting for the cost of the 3rd outing to drop before I pay up though I mean, I got the first two for twenty quid why pay nearly thirty for one series aye?