4.0 out of 5 stars Useful - but could be better
Published on 17 May 2011 by Ms

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointed
I had thought this book would be very useful, as we often travel along the M6, but despite it being a long motorway, there is only one walk mentioned for that route.It is nicely set out, with a brief description of facilities ,but I won't be able to use it much.
Published on 13 Jan 2012 by Cookielady

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful - but could be better, 17 May 2011
Ms (Lancaster, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a useful little book for anyone who travels with dogs, but it could easily have been so much better. Maps, and GPS data for SatNav users would be obvious additions. I was also rather surprised by the directions given to one of my favourite local walks - believe me folks, if you are heading for the Crook o'Lune from the M6 at J34, you do NOT want to go down DennyBeck Lane with its incredibly narrow, paint scraping bridge (which tellingly is not even shown as a through road on Google maps!). Go straight along the main road, and turn left in Caton! This has made me rather suspicious of the routes given for other walks - I will be checking them all online before travelling!

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointed, 13 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 4 April 2013
K. Moore (UK) - See all my reviews
Have used this book several times to stop off for a walk. Bought it originally because we had a new puppy, but would recommend it to anyone who had to spend a long time on a motorway.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 10 Mar 2012
This book is fantastic for anyone travelling with a dog. Plenty of lovely walks, short and long,all very close to the motorways with excellent directions. I often do a long journey travelling to Cumbria and before reading this book stopping with my dog had been difficult and unpleasant.

4.0 out of 5 stars small but packed with info, 13 Aug 2011
great options for walking the dog on a long trip. Book is handily sized and easy to store in the car. More options available on line but the book version very convenient

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy Hound, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Walking the dog - Motorway walks for drivers and dogs (Kindle Edition)
A handy book no doubt and my dog always loves a walk wherever it may be. However, he found the directions to each of the walks he has been on so far a little confusing. A couple of the walks used are not necessarily close to the motorway and left him wondering if a wrong turn had been taken. Distances and more use of landmarks would have been a useful addition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide but a bit of a shock, 11 April 2013
The book is very good, it gives handy places to walk and places where you can eat/drink with the dog. I was surprised to see how small it was, however looking back it's handy to put in your pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking the Dog - Motorway walks for drivers and dogs, 18 Dec 2011
This is a gift for someone but I wish I had bought one for myself too. It looks a really handy guide and would be nice to have even if you don't have a dog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking the dog, 17 July 2011
Excellent little book, particularly as it includes height barriers for car parks. In my area it only mentions one car park, I know there are more nearby without height barriers. I look forward to other books in the series and testing out the walks in this book. Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea - but need a magnifying glass, 28 Feb 2012
J. Farrar - See all my reviews
This little book is an excellent idea, only it is even more difficult to read than the Yellow Pages. Anyone older than about 40 will need a magnifying glass to read it.
So I'd say only get it in digital format where it is easy to zoom the page to a size that can be read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›