5.0 out of 5 stars Gets you going.
The book is easy to read and you can whizz through Marianne's conversational writing style in a few hours to leave you feeling pumped and positive about the future.

However the real beauty is the immense amount of work that has gone into including the resources, exercises and further reading to help you transform your newfound inspiration into useful...
Published 23 months ago by Harrisonamy

2.0 out of 5 stars Crossing from relentless optimism to madness
I'm REALLY surprised to see so many 5-star reviews here. This book is in fantasy land. It's completely and utterly unrealistic.

Crammed full of vague tales of folk who've quit their 9-5 and walked straight into high paid, well respected non-jobs where they telecommute for a few days a week from their luxurious new lives in the Bahamas, this is just ridiculous...
Published 11 months ago by Rosey Lea

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 5 Aug 2013
This book is an absolute gem :)
Having read it, im working on moving towards self-employment, and am happier than ive ever been.
The book is easy to read, and to understand, and is full of useful info - I would (and have been) recommending it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole volume of awesomeness, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Be a Free Range Human: Escape the 9-5, Create a Life You Love and Still Pay the Bills (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and I love Marianne. The way she writes is just like she speaks and I so enjoy that she has tho direct link between her thoughts and her fingers. So you get nothing but pure unadulterated fabulousness from Miss Cantwell. I've recommitted myself to achieving my goals and I will have my book done by the end of summer. That may sound great, but it's not so good when you consider that I was supposed to have it done by the end of summer...... 2011. I keep feeling like I should write something erudite and sophisticated. Nope, changed my mind. My review, my way. This book is for everyone. Being a wage slave just isn't worth it and if you think you're trapped, its only because you've let yourself be trapped. So stop making excuses, get off your backside and start living.... But stay on your backside just long enough to read this book cover to cover first. You'll be so glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Jun 2013
I have been pretty free range most of my life but this has inspired me to jump those last hurdles. A brilliantly, straight forward book guiding you to release your fears & go for it!
Thank you for the perfect timing!

UPDATE: Have been implementing many of the techniques and advice with a massive amount of success! Really fantastic book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was written for me (honest!), 12 Jun 2013
Y. Bakunina (London) - See all my reviews
I'm not in a habit of reading such books although I'm aware of them on the market e.g. The Four Hour Week or The Lean Start-Up etc. I picked up this book having got 'acquainted' with Marianne Cantwell via reading her weekly Friday newsletters planting the 'free range' seeds in my mind. I was already pretty convinced that this book will be pretty awesome and life-changing even before I picked it up so this is my biased opinion: this book was written for me. Marianne got into my head, did her due diligence, checked what makes me 'tick' and wrote this unputdownable, soul-stirring guidebook especially for me. I do feel a bit exposed and incredibly jealous she published it for everyone to see!

On a serious note, it's a brilliant, bespoke, no-nonsense guidebook to get you out of your career cage mentality. I am not sure everyone will actually break free, but personally, I am thinking furiously, I will give it a go, else I won't sleep.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, informative book with an interactive element, 19 Mar 2013
Ross Clarke (London, England) - See all my reviews
I would definitely recommend this book to any one thinking of starting a free-range career path. Marianne brings a very down-to-earth approach with a simple language style with many helpful exercises to help cement the theories and the reasons why you may want to get out of the career-cage lifestyle. It's littered with accounts from her customers and other like-minded free-rangers showing that just about anyone can change their life for the better......the £100 start-up guide is one of the better offerings within the book and allows you to believe that there are tangible ways to get started with a small level of investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Practical, No-Nonsense Guide, 5 Feb 2013
I have been a "Free Ranger" most of my life and just didn't know it until Marianne gave it a name. I've read many books over the years, on the topic of "Life on your own terms", and this is by far the most practical, no-nonsense guide I've read. Not only does Marianne write with humor and candidness, but she has also broken down the steps and given interactive exercises & resources to simplify the process, and, make it seem fun, for anyone, regardless of experience, skill or or education. She de-bunks myths and shifts paradigms & helps the reader to (simply) identify what he/she needs to keep doing more of, as well as what needs to change. The personal stories are the best, and have inspired me to continue encouraging my own daughter to 'keep thinking out of the cage'. This is a priceless reference that I know will be in my permanent personal library.

1.0 out of 5 stars Heard it all before !, 18 April 2013
Every year the publishers seem to churn out yet "another book" that's been done and written about over and over and over again. Why you might ask ? To detach you from your money - why else.

Here is another book where the author has added absolutely NOTHING NEW to an already deluged genre of either "how to get rich" or "how to be free" from the rat race. How to be free is code for how to get rich and live independently - right ?

The book starts asking you questions like "I picked up this book because...." or "The things I don't enjoy about my current life are..." and "In this fabulous free range life, what would your ideal day look like ?"

Do the questions sound familiar. If you've read any books in this genre, the pattern will be all too familar. I can sum up this book and its strategy in the following few sentences: Get the reader to dream and get him/her excited. Throw in a few anecdotes of other famous or rich people who have made it. Or in this case anecdotal examples of unknown people who are making it so that it gives you a sense of realism and tells your brain "see you can do it too". And finally - now go to it, You can do it too, you can have a dream life all of your own.

In essence, this author is nothing but a backpacker with a laptop by her own self admission, whose happened to churn out a book on her laptop and is now trying to sell her book and her websites ( her websites are copiously dotted throughout the book) and then somewhere along the line, she'll even have the audacity to try and sell you her "starter pack" for a 100pounds to get you on your way.................too funny !!

This book is nothing but a parody of another famous book out there called the "4 hour workweek" and countless others out there that say the same thing with a different voice and a different title.

Now after having said all that, you might wonder what all the other people who gave it 5 stars saw that I didn't....preetttyy obvious, the majority of them are her blog followers and have been before the book even came out, so in other words, they were "biased pals".

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct 2014
N. Brown (Reigate, Surrey) - See all my reviews
really loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiriing, 7 Feb 2014
Otis Mojo (Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
Haven't we all thought of escaping it all for a better life?

I have. And for some time now. So I bought this book, thinking 'Ah well - let's have a look anyway.'

Ms. Cantwell writes in a very accessible, flowing style - easy to read, easy to understand.

I'm only half way through but she has captured me with her words, encouraging me to plan my thoughts out on paper for a Free Range life that is just round the corner.

Well worth a read if you're even slightly serious about escaping it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Freddie Mercury once said "Don't Stop Me Now!", 2 Jun 2013
I have read countless self-empowering and coaching books but this one is in a league of it's own. Every soul craves freedom but do not always see how they can attain it. When you feel trapped by the circumstances of your life and particularly if you're working in a joyless job, this book not only gives you the key to unlock the cage but hands you a map, rolls out a red carpet and lets off the balloons and streamers.
It was uncanny how Marianne, at exactly the moment when I began to think the old self-defeating thoughts and break out in a cold sweat, could identify the fears, pressures and blocks and release them one-by-one.
The greatest learning for me was seeing my 'short-comings' as the true strengths and indicators of where my energy should be heading, that they are.
It was a privilege to read this book, join the mailing list and now I can look forward to a message from Marianne every Friday, to keep my sights firmly set on that prize - a brilliant life.

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›