5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Press..
Published on 20 Jan 2012 by Girlpunk24

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete nonsence
But strangely good fun, If only to pull it to pieces :). Not something that I will be watching that often though.
Published 13 months ago by Tj Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Press.., 20 Jan 2012
Well, i wasn't going to watch this film because of it's bad press.. i did and i am so glad i did. I really enjoyed it, it has a good storyline, graphics, characters and awesome first person shooter scene. I have never played the games but i know this film can't be much or at all worse than the game. SO if you like sci - fi horror movies with good plots then watch it, ignore the other reviews :) i really enjoyed it.. i love it :) <3

4.0 out of 5 stars Goo fun film, 30 July 2009
S. Neighbour (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I was pretty sceptical about a movie of Doom. I can't think of any games-movies that have worked well in the past.

But this did. It's silly, and over the top which is exactly what it's supposed to be. There are plenty of easter eggs for us Doom nerds to snigger at, original sound effects and the brilliant fps view at the end of the film which I watched again straight after watching the film.

Doom was never going to win any oscars - it's target audience isn't exactly mainstream. But it is what it is - A film made for Doom fans clearly made BY Doom fans.

Glad to see it on Blu-Ray - Gonna buy my copy now as someone has pinched my DVD (See it's so good someone stole it!!!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Doom, 22 Feb 2010
TMUK (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The Problem with making a film of the game is that usually they end up appealing to no one. A long and chequered history of films that where rushed out based on games and are as a result total rubbish litter the bargain bins of video shops. Fans of the game usually hate what they did with the movie. The Film Elite condemn anything they feel has no artistic value. General film fans are put off by the indifferent reviews that end up comming out as a result of all 3 . Having played all the Doom games and even regularly running Doom The Board Game I kind of get the criticism but firmly believe there are times in life you have to get beyond the adversity, ignore the reviews and suspend belief for a few hours and check out a film for yourself.

And so to Doom the movie...

Starring "The Rock" and "Karl Urban" (Mccoy in the new Trek Movie) This film was never in the running for an Oscar but at just under 2 hours its not at all bad. Infact I rather enjoyed it . Enclosed, dark and at times claustraphobic in nature the film follows a group of "space marines" sent to deal with a "situation" off planet. The plotline is bread and butter without too much jam and even admist the death and destruction it has a tongue in cheek sense of the humour and a slight twist on the lead actor role.

The quality of the Blu Ray is excellent with good audio to boot and has found itself in my blu ray machine on more than 1 occasion since its purchase.

I suppose there are many folks who would say "your a doom fan you shouldn't like it" and my reply is "I'm a film fan too and I enjoy a good space marine romp" which is just what this film is

5.0 out of 5 stars bluray brill, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Reel Heroes: Doom [Blu-ray] [2005] (Blu-ray)
I had this on dvd but as was on offer treated my self wow what a difference in video and sound makes the movie a lot better. if you love the game your most likely love the movie. lots of action and runs with doom 3 game story line with the hard ass rock leading the last hard pouches all the way.

project17awakening

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete Subtitles & Specs, 23 Jan 2011
MAIN FEATURE:
VIDEO: 1080p High-Definition Widescreen 2.35:1

AUDIO
DTS-HD Master Audio: English 5.1
DTS Surround: French 5.1, Italian 5.1, German 5.1, Spanish 5.1, Japanese 5.1

SUBTITLES: English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Traditional Mandarin

SPECIAL FEATURES:
480i/p Standard Definition
English Dolby Digital 2.0

EAN: 5050582710113
ASIN: B001UE8J4O

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete nonsence, 22 July 2013
Tj Wall "Telboye" (Southend, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reel Heroes: Doom [Blu-ray] [2005] (Blu-ray)

2.0 out of 5 stars Broom the Doom., 19 July 2011
Spike Owen "John Rouse Merriott Chard" (Birmingham, England.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm not a gamer guy, nor am I what you would call a comic book geek either. It's these two facts that let me enter into the film adaptations of said topics with absolutely no frame of reference what so ever. Something that has at times given me some fun no-brain entertainment. So when, some seven years after its release, I announce to my friends that I bought Doom for a pound (dollar) to watch for the first time, the derision was high and the overriding message was that even at one pound I had been robbed! To be fair, the omens wasn't great since I hated Tomb Raider, Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat with a passion. But this has The Rock, Karl Urban and the delectable Rosamund Pike in it, enough there for me to part with a shiny one pound coin. Well I'm pleased to report that Miss Pike is still delectable, but that's about it.

Well it isn't dreadful, a daring run of character development by director Andrzej Bartkowiak leads off the film, plot is kick started and we are on a Mars facility in the future and something monstrous is on the loose. Then it's an Aliens lite adventure as The Rock and his macho beefcake chums wander around this dimly lit research centre trying to kill or not be killed. Throw in as many clichés as you can muster, loads of corny dialogue and some bad acting, and there you have it, yet another soulless video game adaptation to the screen. Ok, there's the odd perky effect and a good set piece, whilst the nod to the first person shooter is more homage than corn, but really this is hard to recommend to anyone after a half decent monster stalker of a movie.

Think I might have to start playing these games instead....... 4/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Film, 16 Jun 2011
this is a great film with the rock star of the show a good storyline and good special effects deserves more credit arrived on time and in good condition

3.0 out of 5 stars Well done movie., 22 Jun 2007
T. Scott "Scottietom" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doom [HD DVD] (HD DVD)
Basically if your buying this thinking its like the game, its not basically. The quality of the movie is good and iv got nothing against that; however the whole movie is in darkness and think a few scenes in lightness leading to intense darkness shootups would have been better. The first person shooter however is done excellently, really keeps you watching! I would recommend this HD-DVD to anyone who is into futuristic shootup movies, it is deacent quality seen though its HD and is fun to watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars great film, 6 May 2007
Mr. P. A. Janaway "maddog" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doom [HD DVD] (HD DVD)
This is a great film, made even better by the hd experience. They have pulled of making a watchable film about a game. Many do not do well, but this is a success in my opinion. The rock "sarge" acts well in the film, and he plays the part well.

The plot is good, and it grabs the game well, i especially like the FPS part of the film, any gaming fan should love this aspect of the film.

Overall a great film that i recommend to anyone into action or games. :)

Reel Heroes: Doom [Blu-ray] [2005]
Reel Heroes: Doom [Blu-ray] [2005] by Andrzej Bartkowiak (Blu-ray - 2013)
7.00