on 31 January 2014
Bought this as a gift,for next day delivery.Had it delivered to the birthday girl and included the gift wrapping. I was well impressed with the enormous blue fabric bag complete with a gold ribbon bow on it. The little girl aged seven fits in the bag and was bouncing around in it when I arrived. Think she enjoyed the bag as much as the meccano.
on 30 January 2014
I chose the bucket because my grandson has got lego, but I wanted him to enjoymeccano like the kids did in my day , the only disappointment was it was plastic and not like the proper meccano, because the screws don, t stay tight, but I would still recommend it to friends.
on 23 January 2014
I wanted metal meccano but this is all plastic. This fact is not mentioned in the description and it's not really clear from the pictures either.
Consequently, returned.
on 27 March 2014
Arrived very prompt, one excited nephew when he saw the gift wrapped bag. One happy boy xx gift wrapping vaguely will be getting reused for toys
on 28 February 2015
What a disapointment! It simply shouldn't be called Meccano. Meccano was made of metal, it was strong, sturdy and you could build amazing anythings. This is plastic and nothing you build with it holds its shape. Nowhere on the product description did it mention it was made of plastic, so I think it is a rip off! I bought it for my son for XMas, he hated it! Never been touched since...
on 19 March 2015
Entertainment for me and my grandchildren, nice distraction from posting keys into the DVD player.
(Warning small nuts and bolts) Nuts and bolts can easily work loose and need re tightening, first build was the Eifell tower, ran out of nuts and bolts towards the end!! But overall very good for curious little minds.
on 28 August 2014
The models can be complicated and lengthy to assemble. There are not enough parts in the box to carry out complete models and compromises are made by missing bits from the instruction and design. The nuts and bolts tend to work loose when the model is being played with.
on 15 December 2014
Happy with this, good size bucket to store the meccano in and a good amount in the bucket already. Son loves it. The nuts and bolts do need really screwing tightly so adult help is required to make sure the model doesn't fall apart. My son is 6 years old
on 26 December 2014
Disappointed, parts are plastic, not metal as picture on bucket would not order again!
on 30 December 2014
Good value, solid storage bucket, loads of pieces and great for imaginative building.