5.0 out of 5 stars my mad fat diary- series 1, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is such a brilliant show. I bought the dvd to re-watch the the first series before the new one started.
I definitely think this show is for everybody. Anyone who is currently a teenager and anyone who is now an adult but can
still remember those awkward teenage years, can relate to the issues and topics featured in the series. I'm loving Season 2 at the moment. If you haven't seen this show yet I definitely
recommend you watch it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dvd, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a Xmas gift. I am told that they like it.This has pleased me as sometimes its hard to know what to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go and buy it now, 1 Feb 2014
Ms. C. Scott (scotland uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love this series. I would recommend it to any 80s/90s child or teen. It has such an amazing storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
My Dutch girlfriend saw the trailer for this series on my freesat system. I ordered the dvd and when she put it on, the soundtrack immediately pulled me in. I thought it was a chick flick series but there were very good performances from actors new and old, fascinating to watch.I loved it, very good quality acting, writing, production and everything. I give no plot away in this review, but I thought it was bloody marvellous. Hats off to Sharon Rooney, beautiful character, realistically played. Well done everyone involved

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Once again it was a Christmas present for my daughter that she chose because she likes that DVD and that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Programme, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent show although it's more for females. It's a really respectful look into mental health. But it cleverly stays on the brighter side of things whilst also getting across the true disruption and pain it can cause.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Loved this DVD.. Great value for money and although there are only 6 episodes, they each are an hour long which makes up for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional and this is why..., 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The main difference of this programme to others is its relatability. Most programmes now that are centred on growing up as a teenager are so far from real, you find yourself not having that attachment that this good drama/comedy gives you. For example I watched skins the first couple of series and it just seems to me that it was a party every night, sex and drugs and all of the characters were not that likeable.
All American teenage growing up dramas of late I think are terribly fake and I feel sorry for the teenage generation now when they watch these teenage programmes and may think that that's what there lives should be, being a size zero with unlimited plastic surgery and rich, its very boring and has been done over and over again.(my so called life, was a great American show)
This programme should be watched by all teenagers because there is something for everyone. There are many opportunities for programmes in the UK to be made for teenagers (and adults) like this show dealing with different problems growing and living with. They don't do enough programmes about ethnic groups growing up in the UK or any where else, or homosexuality as a teenager or disability. It just seems that there are a lot of super hero/rich/singing/celebrity shows that are so fake and boring, this show is far from that its as real as you can get and its refreshing to see. roll on series 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is a brilliant series hitting hard not only at the usual school/teenage troubles but with the added pressure of a deeper problem.

It addresses real life in an honest, mature and amusing way whilst still hitting home at the difficulties of mental illness and teenage trouble.

It made me laugh, cry, angry and all sorts. It appeals to a wide range of people as well; I found myself watching it with a male friend who thoroughly enjoyed the series also.

Well worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant series can't wait for the 2nd series! I really related to the characters and the music is just fab!

My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD]
My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] by Tim Kirkby (DVD - 2013)
8.50