‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This show is perfect!, 14 May 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I've never felt like there was a character like me on television before, until Rae. My connection to this show was so immediate and intense and I'm so glad that girls like me are finally being represented in mainstream media, in such a great way. Rae is in no way perfect - she's loud, obnoxious and judgmental, but she's also a great friend, kind, honest, accepting and brilliantly hilarious. She's a great heroine for my generation. This show has affected me a lot and I've learnt a lot from Rae and her honesty. If this show was on the air when I was in high school I feel like it would've had an even more profound impact on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I dig Rae!, 15 Jan. 2014
Lola (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Seduced by the 5-star reviews I rented this series. And, after initially cringing for about 10 minutes (let's face it, the main heroine, Rae, is not very pleasing to the eye; plus the Northern accent was hard for me to swallow), I ended up watching the Season One of "My Mad Fat Diary" in one sitting. Yes, you read that right.

The characters, and especially Rae, are all very lovable (perhaps with the exception of Rae's "bestie" Chloe), the narrative is fast-paced and full of humour and sarcasm, the show is very insightful and tackles almost all of the problems generally faced by the teenagers, from first crash to buying condoms in the pharmacy, from mental health issues to body image and generation gap. Plus, it very cleverly shows the good and the bad, and you just can't help but sympathises and fall a little in love with Rae and her good heart. I digged for her.

And last but not least, the soundtrack of the show is truly fantastic, it's like a separate character, truly a best friend of amazing Rae. Fantastic series, very funny (with a lot of sarcasm thrown in!) and honest, add to this a witty and lovable main heroine, engrossing storyline and excellent music - and you have one amazing series (and not only for the teenagers!).

I definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and so real, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
So good to be part of it Raymondo. A little deviation form the book but emjoyable non the less ;-) x

If you like the DVD, you'll love the book....

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for series 2, 17 May 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This series tackles serious topics such as mental illness & drugs but is funny & strangely addictive. Looking forward to series 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars all the way!, 25 April 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this with my teenage daughter and we both thought it was brilliant. We loved the twists and turns of the relationships and the complex characters. The soundtrack is great - even (for an old fogey like me) Spaceman! Claire Rushbrook and Ian Hart stand out for me but the whole cast are believable. Each week, we couldn't wait for the next episode so, as soon as it was available, I ordered the DVD. Highly recommended. For information, the series deals with issues which include teenage sex and sexuality, drugs, self harm, mental health, bullying. Above all, this programme is warm and funny, with real heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 22 April 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love this series, what a great programme. The dvd is fine and arrived promptly. really impressed with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and Perfect, 6 April 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Loved it and always have. Perfect for teenagers, one of my favourite shows in a while, I recommend to anyone and everyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, 3 April 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this DVD for my 16 year old daughter who had previously watched the series on TV.
Because she'd watched it before, she knew what to expect episode wise but still, the extras available were very good.
I think this DVD is well worth the money especially as the series is a fantastic one. The storyline is very good.

There is simply nothing to dislike about this!

I recommend this DVD to any teenager that enjoys storylines like this. I do however say, make sure the persn watching is old enough as some of the content is quite shocking.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Mad Fat Diary, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I thought it was great, can't wait for the 2nd series to come out next year to see how it evolves between Rae and Finn

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Show,, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this show because I myself suffer with mental health problems similar to that of which Rae has in this show, and it was hard to watch at first, but interesting to learn how she deals with herself and moves on from over coming what she has been through.
The finale was hard to watch, but the show had some laughs and it has kind of helped me out in a way.
Looking forward to seeing what happens in Series 2, when it will be released :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD]
My Mad Fat Diary - Series 1 [DVD] by Tim Kirkby (DVD - 2013)