VINE VOICEon 17 October 2006
My children loved Winnie the Witch from the very first time they met her. Winnie and Wilbur are a humorous pair, Korky Paul's illustrations are quirky and memorable with lots of little details you spot on each re-reading so that Winnie books stand out from the crowd. This is a gentle story where a baby dragon needs to be reunited with its Mum, and in the process a cloud of pretty butterflies are released. This book is ideal if you have a fairly wary 2-4 year old for whom witches & dragons are a terrifying thought because noone could fail to be charmed by this friendly needy little night-time visitor. In addition the colour palette of the illustrations in this book seem a little softer than other Winnie books. A particularly good introduction into the Winnie books if you haven't already started collecting, and a delightful addition if you have. I don't hesitate to recommend it.
on 9 June 2009
A lovely story which both my one year old and ten year old have listened to. Oh yes, and mummy listened as well............ Such fun!
on 6 June 2011
Bought this for my 6 year old niece who already had some of the other books from the series and her face lit up at the sight of it. Frequently requested at bedtime, this book, along with others in the series, is a firm favourite with her. She particularly likes the illustrations, the funny stories and Winnie's character.
on 9 November 2012
Bought this for my daughter's 6th birthday as she loves Winnie but is too little to really enjoy the other type of Winnie books. Great story and we love the illustrations on the inside cover. Good value for money.
on 10 February 2012
My daughter loves this book so I bought it for a birthday present for a friend's daughter's 2nd birthday and now she loves it too. The whole series is great and makes for a great bedtime story. Enjoy!
on 4 January 2011
My 4 year old daughter had this for Christmas and she loves it, we have read it nearly every night. The illustrations are fantastic with lots of things to spot. Recommended!
on 14 January 2014
i was happy to find this under £1 in the kindle store but was gravely disappointed to find it wasn't an actual kindle version but more like a 'photocopied' version that sideways on that the zoom didn't work on. so, the words were very tiny and i had to hold it very close to my eyes to read it. the book itself is good, but this version is rubbish.
on 25 March 2013
My 3 year old daughter loves these books - we've been getting them from the library but I'd not seen this one so bought it for her. Great illustrations as in all the other books and she'll happily sit and listen again and again.
on 27 December 2012
I bought this for my 4-year old grand-daughter. She is mad on Winnie the Witch and this book lives up to expectations. Simple story, 'Choruses' that the little one can join in on. Pretty pictures. Excellent.
on 7 February 2013
Winnie the witch is my sons favourite story character. This book was fantastic and another one to add to the collection we have at home. Fast delivery from amazon and a lot cheaper than in any book stores.