4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the leads
I ordered two of these monitors from Amazon (28 Feb 2012). Both came with a European mains plug. Luckily as I was replacing my 2 existing monitors I could use their old mains leads.

Published on 3 Mar. 2012 by Jeff Morgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad viewing angle
I brought 3 of these and they are good but there is also issues such as viewing angle, i dont care what they put down in the specs its real life viewing that has the final say.
If i have a white screen or a website page such as this one then i only have to move my head to one side a few inches and them whites start to turn a yellow ish colour.
I only have my old...
Published 18 months ago by SimonF1

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the leads, 3 Mar. 2012
Jeff Morgan - See all my reviews

Even though these monitors are a bigger screen size than what I had before the gain is in the width of the screen and not the height, in fact the depth is shorter than my old 20 inch widescreen monitor. I wish this screen was taller as it means more scrolling up and down when I look at online maps for example.

My graphics card has 2 DVI outputs but the monitors come with analogue D-sub cables and not the digital DVI-D my graphics card require. I already had a DVI-D cable from my old monitor and am using a converter lead for the other. Looking at both monitors I can't tell the difference between an analogue picture and a pure digital picture so I won't bother buying another lead.

I am going to be a bit mean and give these monitors only 4 starts because they don't come with DVI-D leads and the mains lead is no good for the UK so why is Amazon selling a product that can't be plugged in to a UK electric socket?

5.0 out of 5 stars For gaming, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: BenQ GL2460 LED TN 24-inch W Monitor 1920 x 1080, Thin Bezel, 12M:1, 2 ms GTG, 1000: 1 - Glossy Black (Personal Computers)
I've had 3 BenQ so far, and none of them ever exhibited a hiccup, not even the ancient 19inch one I bought with my first computer.

This is a midrange quality screen. Having previously used a 27inch 2560X1440 IPS, there is a slight decrease in actual quality. However, at such a low price, I am not going to even think about putting that as a flaw....

Prob the best value for 24inch screen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Screen, 23 Aug. 2013
The picture quality is very good. My only gripe is that it only comes with a VGA cable so you will need to buy DVi.

Bri

4.0 out of 5 stars BenQ Moniter, 31 Dec. 2011
Purchased this monitor about 2 weeks ago to replace my old CRT. The monitor came well packed and was a doddle to assemble. As supplied the screen was way too bright and going into settings the brightness was pre-set to 100% and so I reduced this to 55%. I also softened the colour slightly and I now have a fabulous picture. The supplied manual is a bit lacking but their is plenty on the cd but it does take a bit of working out ..... not terribly difficult and the menu and up and down buttons are easy to use on the right side of the casing.

All in all for the price (£110) this is a brilliant buy, the size is perfect for me , the screen is an excellent picture and only time will tell how relable the monitor is, so as it stands for general computing use I would certainly reccomend this unit.

One downside and worth remembering is that the supplied power lead is for the continental 2 pin plugs ........ luckily for me my old power lead fitted but bear this in mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, Especially For the Price, 5 Oct. 2013
Arrived very quickly the day after (with amazon prime free one day delivery), and was very well packaged.
The monitor has a nice sleek design and I think it would fit in nicely in pretty much any computer set up. I use this as the primary monitor in my home studio, and the widescreen has been really helpful for looking at waveform audio tracks, it has allowed me to see much more horizontal lenghth of an audio track displayed on the screen compared to my previous 19 inch 4:3 monitor.
The colours look nice and vivid, and the 1080p display makes it nice to look at what my computer is displaying in full HD. Although I am using a VGA connection the picture still looks sharp and crisp.
The brightness is also another positive, it is more than sufficient. In most cases, I don't think it would need to go above 50%.
The controls on the monitor to control brightness, contrast, etc are straightforward and easy to use.
The price is also one of the best things about it, for just over £100, I would not have expected to have a 24 inch full HD monitor with decent build quality, but this purchase certainly proved me wrong.
There aren't really any signifacant faults to this monitor, although when switching it off, I sometimes press the wrong button because they are located behind the monitor, but this issue is so insignificant it's hardly worth mentioning. Also it would have been nice to have a HDMI port aswell, but i guess you can buy a HDMI to DVI cable for about the same price as a HDMI cable anyway.
Overall I am very pleased with the monitor and would recommend it if you are looking for a good monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars benq 24 moniter, 5 Nov. 2012
good moniter arrived on the day it was promised easy to set up. the only complaint was it only had a 2pin plug with it but luckily i had a spare 3 pin plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, great picture, great price, 27 Dec. 2011
So I bought this monitor simply on the reviews of what Amazon decided was it's predecessor (there was a link on the page of the GL2222HDL through to this monitor, claiming this as the latest version) and I have to say I am not disappointed. It looks great, works perfectly and at little over £100 at time of purchase (though I see the price appears to have increased since then) who can complain?

It comes in the box in three parts, secured very well in polystyrene. The base and stand fit together which then fits into the monitor - a tad fiddly but really not a huge problem...
The quick start guide takes you through it, even if a bit vaguely...
It comes with a VGA (D-sub) cable - to watch HD content I believe you'll need to get a DVI cable, which it has a port for, this is what I will be doing. Note though for normal computer use the VGA is fine (I don't think Windows has HD content?) No HDMI but this wasn't a problem for me as my graphics card is a tad dated - so no port there.

Worked straight away when turned on. The BIOS and other startup bits (I dual-boot so this included GRUB for me) looks stretched and pixellated - but then why does this matter?
Windows found the monitor and did the normal 'Found New Hardware' ritual - didn't change the resolution, I had to do this through the NVidia manager though I suspect I could have just done it through Control Panel. I use Windows XP by the way.

From the off the picture looked incredible - so much clearer and more defined than my old CRT screen (quelle surprise?!). I actually had to turn the brightness down a bit, it was so bright! Not that this is a problem. I spent about 2 minutes going through the montior's menus setting things up - not a huge hassle but, as always with these things, slightly fiddly. The buttons are arranged along the left hand side of the monitor, they feel a tad cheap but it's hardly worth worrying, you tend not to see them. Auto-power-off feature is useful, you can choose between a load of colour profiles (eco, movie, game, photo, etc) but I think that 'Standard' is the best really. You can adjust colours individually but it's a huge bother and not really worth it - white was white from the start for me. NOTE: One thing worth doing is using the tiny program provided on the CD for the Auto-Adjust feature - doing it on your normal desktop tends to make things a bit blurry...

21.5" is a fantastic size - not too big like 24" that you need to choose what part of the screen to look at but generous at the same time. Double page Word document viewing is possible and sitting two things side by side. Makes the whole computer experience so much better.

The stand! It's relatively adjustable and slightly shaky. As I type now it wobbles slightly but then my whole desk is rather shaky so I wouldn't say it's a problem...

Can be wall mounted, don't know about it because I haven't tried.

Conclusion: Fantastic monitor, can't fault the picture at a higher price, let alone this price! Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 9 April 2013
This is a very good monitor excellent quality for the price, it is 19" instead if 18.5" I am very pleased with this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 15 Nov. 2012
A magnificent monitor in every respect and it lived up to the top billing in performance that the other 4 reviews gave it - mine had a 3 pin plug so 5 stars it is! I bought the DVI-I cable (shown in 'Frequently bought together') and for £2.49 it is worth every penny - as long as you computer has that facility & socket. Straight out of the box to fully operational in 3 minutes. All I had to do was alter the screen resolution to the recommended 1920x1080 and that was it. I operate XP and had no problems at all.

Definition, colours, view angle, solid, stable stand which tilts. It is everything that it says in the description. I'm delighted, no I'm ecstatic at my choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Monitor, 12 Jun. 2013
Nice monitor, easy to install, would have given it 5 stars but mine did not come boxed with a UK power cable only a two pin plug. Not a problem if you're replacing an existing monitor where you can swap the power cables over but if this is your first monitor you might consider buying a cable for it otherwise you won't be able to use it. Great price for a 24 inch monitor. My previous Benq monitor has been trouble free and I only replaced it for a large size. Overall, great price, great monitor.