5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
Excellent information, just what I needed and most informative. I would thoroughly recommend it and may continue to use it as reference!
Published on 7 Jun. 2013 by Jay Bee

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!
Published 23 months ago by J. Woodman

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, 14 Aug. 2013
J. Woodman (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my wife, to help her move from an iPad to her new MacBook Air. I've used a PC for many years, but I've never used a Mac. We both found this book completely unhelpful. Almost half of the mere 128 pages is about how great the Mac is and why you should buy it - redundant - or about programs you can acquire - not needed. Many of the remaining pages are grainy screen-shots which are very difficult to read. There is almost nothing about how you actually do anything. As a result, my wife has for the moment at least retired hurt. The Macbook is sitting waiting while I work my way through the vastly superior "MacBook Air" by Jason Rich. After reading that I might actually be able to get past switching the machine on. I rarely post negative reviews, but I feel compelled to make an exception for this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: My First MacBook / MacBook Air: A Beginners Guide to Unplugging You Windows PC and Becoming a Mac User (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 7 Aug. 2013
Mrs. J. Davies (manchester england) - See all my reviews
Bought this as am considering buying a MacBook Air and wanted to read up about and this book has made me more determined to ditch Microsoft and windows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant low down on your first Mac, 28 Jun. 2015
The one type of computer I never owned before was a Mac, I finally made a purchase of a MacBook Pro and used this book as a primer and it has made me much more confident with my new Mac. Definitely worth a read. Highly Recommended:)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book arrived today, Sunday, so it is ..., 24 Aug. 2014
This book arrived today, Sunday, so it is too soon to access it but a quick perusal makes me feel hopeful. I cannot understand why computers and other gadgets arrive at our homes without basic written instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter, 12 Nov. 2013
Edwin Roberts (Midsomer Norton) - See all my reviews
Just the job I needed something with the basics as it was my first mac having been a windows user for over 30 years so this helped my get going.

3.0 out of 5 stars new mac, 14 Oct. 2013
J. J. Bruce - See all my reviews
Basic knowledge led me to consider buying a macbook. Good for people who want to know about macs before spending a lot of money to purchase one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too simple, 6 Jan. 2014
Basically you do not learn very much from this book if you have some computer knowledge.
Some Mac phrases are of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 5 April 2014
Thanks for this little gem of a book that has helped me to get my MacAir out of the case and finally switch from windows!

3.0 out of 5 stars MacBook Guide, 25 Jan. 2014
I regret that I have found this book no use at all. I have pet it, hoping it will aid me in the future, but I doubt it.