Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£11.42+ £1.26 shipping

on 11 May 2016
Excellent album. If you don't have it, get it!!
on 10 May 2016
Perfect Music! CD printed in Argentina!
on 6 March 2015
A really precious recording: one of the best progressive albums ever. Steven reaches incredible peaks of creativity in this album, that I personally consider a masterpiece. Bravo !
on 21 May 2013
Song writing at its best. Outstanding musicianship from the whole band with a special tip of the hat to Marco and Guthrie.
on 31 March 2013
I don't really get it anymore. I am sure die-hard fans will rave about the unique, intelligent masterpiece for the happy few that understand it, but I just don't get it. Sure, he is a great songwriter and a good guitarist, but you can make it so complicated that is is no fun listening to it anymore. I recognise the man's talent and it is not as if it is punishment to listen to, but you cannot expect your listeners to sit down with headphones on and analyze every note/chord/lyric before you can understand what it is all about. After buying this, and Storm Corrosion and Grace for Drowning I am going to give his music a few good listenings at Spotify first before deciding on whether to buy it.
on 30 December 2013
I Have been a big fan of Porcupine Tree's music over the years and have carried on following Steven's solo career. I thought Insurgentes was wonderful and kind of welcomed Steven's move away from Porcupine Tree as things were unquestionably getting stale. I like classic Prog Rock and I should love TRTRTS so why does it leave me a bit cold ? I think it's because throughout his career Steven has always ( with a few nods to bands like Hawkwind and Floyd) had a unique sound which is not trying to emulate or reproduce the past. He has always sounded like himself and therefore differentiated himself from most of the rest of the field.

Much of his recent output and particularly this album presses all the right buttons in places and is superbly played but IMHO he is just trying too hard to sound like other vintage prog bands and I can't help thinking what's the point. Luminol for example is a join-the-dots ( and frankly a bit silly in places ) composition which takes in most of the classic bands and suffers as a result ; and much of the album is like that. It's almost as if he wants to claim Prog's classic moments as his own. Also, although it sounds contradictory, in taking up this Zappaesque band leader role and getting other musicians to play his music in this way I think he does risk losing the clear musical identity he has developed over the past twenty odd years.

Don't get me wrong, SW is a talented and positive force in progressive rock and I will continue to follow and hopefully enjoy his music in the future. But I would rather be hearing him plough fresh furrows ( e.g. the Storm Corrosion album which is excellent) rather than borrowing so heavily from his musical heritage.
on 1 July 2014
Steve Wilson cannot make a mistake even if he tries. His wide appreciation of the art of music takes you back in time with this album passing a psychadelic era and back through the 70's reminding me of Jethro Tull but then off into space with some erratic jazz. A fantastic album for the collection. Soft tracks like Drive Home bring the experience back in for a short while before his energy sets off again and his lyrics always strike a chord with everyday existence. Fantastic album and an amazine artist.
on 17 May 2016
Some good songs.
on 12 November 2015
I was aware of him and Porcupine Tree, but I was totally new to S. Wilson when I bought this on AMZ recommendation. This album is a slow grower, and I admit I did not like it so much at first. But after more and more spins it amazes me more and more. I now understand why people call this a musical masterpiece. Multi-layered melodies, instrumentals, vocals, nothing can describe this in words. Total genius. Some moments bring tears to your eyes, it is a monumental achievement.
on 6 July 2013
Beautiful music but for me it does not yet recreate the enjoyment and memorable tunes of his Porcupine Tree releases Deadwing and In Absentia which are my favourites of all his releases. It is fun detecting the influences of which there are many, but this is unmistakably Steve Wilson who never stands still but keeps developing his talents and explores working with new musicians who are never less than excellent.