on 26 October 2014
My second case for use on the Harley when I need satnav - new phone required new case! BuyBits are a a great firm whether dealing direct or through Amazon. These are secure, mount solidly to the appropriate RAM mounts, and they have kept my phone dry in some real downpours. Ports all work as advertised.
Not criticism, but points to note if you use on a motorcycle: use the provided neck lanyard to secure the case to the bike. The mount IS secure, but user error can result in your phone going for a bounce. To reduce rattling, I took off the ring provided, threaded the short fabric tape thought the case loop and stitched it in place. Quick release then allows you to disconnect, leaving the lanyard on the bars of the bike.

Point 2: make sure power and audio cables will fit through the case with the phone in place. Some 3.5 audio plugs are too thick for the hole, and most lightning cables have a plug that is fractionally too long. I cut my case to fit the cable, and then used Sugru to mould around the plug to ensure that the waterproofing wasn't compromised. Alternatively, buy the Ultimate Addons charger that will fit - I like my charger, so was prepared to tinker.
on 17 September 2013
The clips to close the lid do not last long. other than that it's great needs redesign of clips or stronger material used.
If any developers are reading this it could do with a screen cover aswell as the clear scream scuffs up very easy.
on 24 June 2013
I know my use is not exactly the target market but essentially I wanted a case to keep my phone safe when the kids were playing with it on holiday and I knew the beach would not go hand in hand with keeping an iPhone safe!

Although I did not really experiment much with getting the case wet I did keep it in my pocket when paddling in the sea and the pool (therefore never went under water and i am not suggesting you try that) on holiday.
I felt comfortable that I could use it to ensure I could take photos and that the water splashing on it would not cause a problem and it didn't.

The more effective use of the case for me however came when my 2 and a half year old was playing with it and dropped it a few times, the case handled the shock perfectly and my phone escaped unscathed to my relief.
The case is a bit cumbersome to use in general life but if you know you are going somewhere that you need to protect the phone then this is a very good investment to keep a very expensive phone safe.
on 9 March 2015
never had a problem with the clips as others seem to have, and I've had this for over a year now.

Its great for mounting on my motorbike, but note that you can't use it in the case as an ordinary phone as its too well sealed acoustically, so you have to use the headphones or take it out of the case, which is a pain

also had to modify it as the case was too tight and constantly activated the home button - supposedly this is fixed in later versions
on 21 March 2015
A superior version of the iPhone 4 case (which used to spring open on rough road surfaces), the case was excellent for my purposes of cycling around the roads of Hertfordshire. Large improved hinge clips ensured the iPhone 5 was safe. Also convenient was an access port for an external charging battery cable. I've recently upgraded to iPhone 6, so shall be purchasing Addons new case!
on 12 March 2013
This case is brilliant, much better thought out than the one for the Galaxy S2. This one fits the standard iPhone charger as well as after market ones. The S2 case they made was terrible, I couldn't find a charger so my phone would end up going dead while using it for GPS on my motorbike.

Highly recommend this case.
on 15 August 2014
It handles the weather perfectly. Stays attached on my motorbike in-transit. It only broke when I didn't clip it on right and fell on the road and might have been round over. One clip is broke but it still protect my phone in the rain.
on 23 May 2014
About to order my 3rd case, as the lock hinges break after a while, as others have noted.

But this is still one of the better cases out there, and I use it every day on a motorbike, hence I'm sticking with them.
on 27 July 2014
Great for use with smartphone satnav on my motorbike. The clasps are really tight and require strong fingers. Finally, the top clasp has snapped. Still works with just the large clasp, but could be better manufactured.
on 13 April 2014
the clips as stated in other reviews do not last long but does work well for a while. The clips need to be made of stronger material