5.0 out of 5 stars Works with PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360!!!
Published 10 months ago by Mr. Nameless

3.0 out of 5 stars Ended up swapping it, but customer service was great
I've given an average star rating for this because I couldn't get it to work BUT I wasn't really able to resolve whether this was a device problem or my TV which is a 10 yr old Panasonic plasma (standard definition)

Published 22 months ago by N. Sargent

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360!!!, 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: ESYNiC 1080 HDMI to 5 RCA RGB Ypbpr AV Component Video + R/L Stereo Audio Converter Adapter for SKY HD Blu Ray DVD APPLE TV PS3 (Electronics)
This worked for me exactly as intended, the HDMI port on my TV is broken so I was heartbroken when I found out that the next gen consoles didn't have component alternatives... So rather than pay an estimated £60 on a TV repair man, or upwards of £200 for a new TV, I desperately searched for a converter box like this for a good price. Safe to say, I found it! After doing research on Amazon regarding which converter to go with, this one seemed to have the right amount of quality for its price. The casing is metallic, it has a decent weight and doesn't feel cheap. Often times these converters are hit or miss, but I think I lucked out with this one. Very simple to set up, HDMI cable and component male-to-male cable not included.

I got this specifically for the PS4 and it works! Also works with the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Jan. 2014
Well built. Works. No more needed to be said.
You will need a spare power point by the way as it is powered by a supplied AC/DC adapter. I use this to convert a hdmi signal from an HDMI splitter that in turn conncets to my Sky HD box and the component leads then goes into a Slingbox Pro-HD. Image is not affected and all runs well together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 8 Jun. 2014
Simple to use and converts the signal from HDMI to Component cleanly without distortion. Being able to retain Dolby Digital audio output (rather than just stereo) is ideal. Just what I needed to use new AV equipment with an older TV and surround sound system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of hardware, 5 April 2014
Fully compatible with HDCP sources and gives great video quality if you happen to have a source that will only accept component video.

Works well also with the Slingbox platform also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 31 Jan. 2014
Took 5 minutes to install this on my Sky +HD box to link to my old Panasonic 7 SERIES plasma and the picture quality is superb

5.0 out of 5 stars SKY HD slingbox broadcasting, 1 April 2014
Kk firstly you also need this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001D9P1OW/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to split the HDMI signal if you want to send like me your SKY HD signal to your TV and also your sling box. Of course if you are only bothered with just sending to your slingbox from SKY you do not need the splitter.

If you are happy Sling box user like me and you may have been a bit frustrated by SKY's dropping of the component sockets from later SKY HD Boxes this solution solves the problem. The first SKY HD box iteration had Component connectors as well as an HDMI socket so was never an issue.

The Slingbox HD for some reason does not have an HDMI socket so you will need this little beauty to get HD output from your Sling. Setup is easy plug HDMI into the input from the Sky BOX and components out to the Sling. For Audio use the normal phono connectors for audio left and right, most component cables come with these.

I use the HDMI splitter as well as I want to see SKY on my TV as well as my slingbox. There is no switch on the splitter so the signal goes to both splits simultaneously. No difference in picture quality or signal drops its perfect for me. For an outlay all in with the splitter of around £50 this is your cure for watching SKY HD.

Only downside (there is always something I know) the splitter box and the HDMI/Comp box require power so be prepared for 2 more plug sockets being in use.

Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars and is doing a good job taking the hdmi output of my YouView box ..., 18 Feb. 2015
Device works exactly as described, and is doing a good job taking the hdmi output of my YouView box and feeding a Slingbox M1.

Only reason I've not given 5 stars is that it feels a little flimsy and insubstantial, but terms of performance there are no problems at all.

Only other thing worth mentioning is that the "manual" (tiny piece of paper) didn't mention the buttons on the box but what they do is fairly simple to work out (720 or 1080 output & zoom level)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ended up swapping it, but customer service was great, 1 Sept. 2013
N. Sargent "mr nik" (UK) - See all my reviews

Either way, Esynic the supplier were BRILLIANT in their customer service and sorted me out with the alternative composite device and refunded the difference. They even had to send 2 as the first one got lost in the post - but I cannot fault their customer service, and I'm now up and running as I wanted (ie Apple TV on my old TV).

Also, something that's worth noting: I discovered I had no audio inputs on my component input on the telly, so actually this wouldn't have been as useful as the current solution. This is an issue with my TV not the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Converter, 21 Feb. 2015
Works very well, converting the HDMI output from my Sky Box into my older style Plasma TV which only has component type input.
Picture looks great !!!
The boxed unit looks & feels well made & I can't recommend it enough.
Products like this is the reason I don't have to buy another Plasma tv just to get HDMI inputs !!!
If you have an older style plasma & LCD Tv then this does the job well

3.0 out of 5 stars Works on PS4 with HDCP Off, 10 Mar. 2015
Works with PS4 if HDCP has been turned off, but it does make the Blu-ray player and streaming services useless. Works well for games and using the general interface, although about a inch of the screen on the left has been cut-off and an inch of black space appears on the right, as if the image has been shifted to the left my an inch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›