5.0 out of 5 stars Totally loved it!, 9 April 2013
C. Halford "Rookie Romance" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Oh wow, I totally loved this book!
The world it is all set in, The Realm, is so well crafted and detailed. There are two sides, the light and the dark. The Light, originally just the witches, are created to help protect humans from the Dark- originally the Vampires. Eventually, some vampires became part of the light, and were united with the witches in fighting the dark, until a betrayal created a rift between the vampires and witches.
A prophecy is foretold of a female witch who will have powers from the 7 castes, and will be the Chosen; she will unite the species and bring an end to the dark. Step forward, Kat! Kat is a super powerful witch and the Chosen. With Lorcan, the Warrior of Light vampire at her side they can fulfil the prophecy.
I thought Kat was great, she was spirited and mischievous. She has a playful sense of humour that lends amusement to this richly woven saga. She was sassy, without being irritatingly so. Her assurance in the strength of her powers is great, my favourite quote comes from a point where she's seriously angry with two men who won't listen to her properly for different reasons: `I am amazing and you arrogant asses are too feeble minded to realize it!' That had me laughing, especially in the context of the book.
Lorcan is awesome; he's sinfully handsome, a bit arrogant (he is the Warrior of Light after all), totally kick-ass and a powerful Vampire- with a witch mother. He can be a bit domineering at times, but I think it can only be expected when you consider that he was born in a time when men were the top dogs.
Actually it's one of the things I loved about this book, it's set in modern times but has a historical feel to it because the characters are very old. This was a great blend for me.
Lorcan and Kat are perfect for each other, and irresistibly drawn to one another. She adds a levity to the story and to Lorcan's life. Whilst he reigns her in when she needs to be more cautious, and guides her in her new life.
The build up of the chemistry between the two was very well done, it was a nice slow build up -they didn't just dive into bed!
The battled between light and dark, and the changes occurring in the realm because of the prophecy play a key part in the story, and the battle scenes have plenty of tension and details!

This has the feel of an epic saga, with a passionate romance woven through. I can't wait to read Forsaken (book 2) and find out what will happen next in the Realm!

I received a copy of the e-book for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Chosen (Ancients of Light) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book from start to finish could not wait to read other's in the series and they didn't let me down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Chosen (Ancients of Light) (Kindle Edition)
After reading the vampire slayer series I was very sceptical that another author could provoke such emotion . I was wrong all realised in just reading the first book astounding really it takes a lot to capture my mind and hold my attention. This certainly was not a problem with this , simply amazing . Cudos to Heather greener I look forward to embarking on another journey with the 2nd book .

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Chosen (Ancients of Light) (Kindle Edition)
So loran is hot, mighty alpha which is always a good start and the heroine katriana is a likeable character. She has understanding, a temper and stubbornness, however the shortfall for me was (and this may make more sense when you've read the book) although we start in the Middle Ages past, and the book brings us into the modern future, other than being told that you would never know. I know that the culture Lorcan lives in would not be a modern lifestyle but there are some very ancient socialites which I think become overbearing and made me feel that Kat wasn't being an understanding partner in her submissions, but actually it came across as a bit uncomfortable. Instead of the well written words explaining why lorcan acts in a certain way completing the scene, it actually makes the whole thing spoiled by the way kats actions/reactions are then explained/written. Other than this though I did really enjoy the book. It felt easy to be part of their world and culture and I never felt lost. It was a good pace throughout with enough description and characters to keep it going. I would certainly recommend giving this a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, buy it., 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Chosen (Ancients of Light) (Kindle Edition)
Loved reading this book. Had lots of action in it of both kinds if you know what I mean! Loved the storey and the fast pace of it. At first I thought lorcan was an ass but then fell in love with him,Kat is an awesome wich who loves her warrior to bits. I even liked kendrick who I though was really funny.
Just down loaded the next book can't wait to get stuck in.

Well done Heather your book is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant must read, 21 Oct 2012
Bec (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Book provided by author

In the first century of creation the Vampire split into Dark and Light factions. The Light Vampire faction united with the Witch because of the mating between the Ancient Queen in the Warrior Caste of Witch, Brisen and an elder Vampire Alaric.

The Ancient Queen Witch was believed to have betrayed her coven and was killed by her mate. They were united no longer, Vampire believed all the Witch untrustworthy while the Witch were adamant of the Ancient Queens innocence and were enraged by her murder. Now, the Witch and Vampire had a dubious truce only on the battlefield.

A thousand years after the betrayal a prophecy was foretold by Ancient Myrrdyn of the Witch. He said a girl would be born who would wield the ultimate combination of powers from all 7 Caste of Witch and put an end to the Dark. In order to do this she had to take a Vampire as her mate. She was named, the Chosen. Will this girl find her mate and fulfil the prophecy? Or will mankinds only hope be destroyed?

Heather Fleener sends readers on a magical journey in this tale of good vs evil. Her descriptions make the story come alive and makes the reader yern to know more.
It was a brilliant read and i look forward to reading the next installment

ARRAY(0xad8b65b8)

Chosen (Ancients of Light)
Chosen (Ancients of Light) by Heather Fleener