on 14 February 2014
I'd had my eye on this TV for a couple of months and a few days ago decided to bite the bullet and raid my savings account. As a student, a 32 inch TV is certainly an unnecessary luxury and I had to think long and hard before purchasing.

I'm very satisfied with this TV. At £200 for a whole 32 inches, and from a reputable brand at that, this is a steal. I'd looked at some of the cheaper alternatives at Tesco and Asda, and the difference in quality really is striking. For £30 or £40 more, get yourself this Toshiba. The picture quality really is remarkable for this price.

A few of the reviews on Amazon made me hesitant to buy this TV. One review claims that the "lag time" of the television is so poor that the TV suffers from a "ghosting" effect when gaming or watching fast-moving television. This is not the case. After some research, I've discovered that a response time of 20ms is not at all poor. I've played plenty of games on this television, including CoD, Payday 2 and GTA V, and have experienced no problems whatsoever with lagging or ghosting.

One or two reviews criticise the sound quality of the TV. Again, I don't consider this to be a noticeable problem. If it hadn't been mentioned by other reviewers, it's not something I would have noticed. The sound quality is certainly adequate and I haven't had any problems.

If you're running on a very tight budget, this is the TV for you. It's a good measure better than the cheaper supermarket alternatives and really holds its own against my friend's more expensive Samsung TV. This is not a purchase you'd regret.
11 comment55 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this for my 15 year old son to go with his newly decorated bedroom after buying the daughter this one Toshiba 32D1334 - 32" HD Ready LED TV with Freeview and built-in DVD player (New for 2013) (White) which is very good.

This telly is perfect for the bedroom being a 32 inch. It's not small by any means and not too big. I remember having a 12 inch black and white Ferguson portable with a dial tuner that weighed a ton with a coat hanger bent into an aerial! How things have changed.

This is a high definition tv with built in Freeview. It is black in colour and looks spot on.

In the box you will find
- the 32 inch tv
- the stand
- remote control
- instruction booklet

The stand screws on easily using four screws. If you wanted to wall mount this tv a 200 x 100 wall mount would be needed.

All the connectivity is at the back. You will find. . .

- 2 USB ports
- 2 HDMI ports
- YPbPr
- SPDIF Coaxial out socket
- VGA port
- 1 x Scart socket
- Headphones socket 3.5mm

So a lot of connectivity there covering pretty much everything. The HDMI ports mean he can burn his brains out on the xbox all day in glorious high definition and he can watch movies from a pen drive via the USB port.

Also at the back are the usual buttons incase you can't find your remote. Such as power on/off, programme and volume +/-

The screen is slim with the black frame. There is one power on LED light in the bottom right corner and no buttons or anything on the front.

Set up is dead easy with autotune and its all freeview. The remote is easy to use too.

In use this is a lovely telly! The screen being high definition LED backlit gives a great picture indeed. Colours are vibrant and blacks and whites look great too. Hook a bluray player up to this telly and it's all good. Sound quality is adequate and you can always connect an external sound system if that's your thing.

Highly Recommended at this current price for a teen bedroom set.
22 comments87 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 October 2013
The TV is definitely worth the price, and the picture quality is great for its spec... These was my initial comments about the TV, but now I will definitely not recommend it to anyone because it just developed an unknown fault just after the warranty period. The first comments are still true, but I just don't think I can trust Toshiba TVs anymore causes this was my first. Thanks to Amazon though, they handled the problem effectively and stress-free I must add.
on 25 December 2013
TV only just out of box, was a Christmas present for Daughter, seems to have done the job she wanted it for, but this is not a detailed review, just a helpful hint for anyone trying to link it to a Sky remote, the code you need is 1177.
Happy viewing!
33 comments17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2013
Clear picture , great colours , good for routine use , sound great and clear but need to raise the volume to hear it. happy with the purchase strongly recommended if you are not prepared to pay alot
0Comment30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2013
easy to install and use.
great picture,
no negatives
family all love it.
would recomend it anyone, who likes easy viewing.
0Comment38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2013
Took delivery of this yesterday and after a few hours of hair pulling trying to set it up with my cable, I was very impressed with the quality of sound and picture. The issues I was having setting it up were more of a user fault rather than the tv itself!

The TV is very light and was well impressed on just how light it was. The screen is beautiful.....all tv an no edging.

My only gripe is the 2 USB ports. I specifically wanted these to watch movies on from my usb sticks but access to the ports on this tv is a little tricky. They are so far back that you do struggle to get to them. I am a little concerned as to how that would be a problem when the tv is actually up on the wall on a bracket. I think it will be a case of buying a 32 or 64gb usb stick, load it with movies etc and leave it in there until such time as you need to update your stick. Otherwise climbing up and trying to take a usb in and out would be a problem.

Not really had chance to check out all the other features yet but so far its a typical Toshiba....excellent.

Oh the user instructions (I wont say manual as its far from that!) is very very small print and very basic. May try to find a manual for this online somewhere.
on 11 June 2013
when i saw this tv for the first time i said i will buy it... and now, I am saying: I'm glad I bought it... it is amazing...
0Comment31 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2013
This is fine for second tv picture good though sound sometimes a bit tinny. Prompt delivery a good value tv
on 13 October 2013
Not much to say on this one, good price and great quality.

Recommended to people who need a quick TV without breaking the bank.