Colour Name: Black|Size: 32 inch|Change
Price:£134.99 - £271.26

on 31 August 2013
A lot of TV's this size are a lot more expensive. This does the job, great sound and picture and I like the way I no longer need separate DVD and freeview box.
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We are very very pleased with this TV which comes with built-in freeview and built-in dvd player. I was worried that 24" might not be big enough for our living room, but it is just right - not too big, not too small. It has saved us masses of space. We had a huge old tv with separate dvd and set top box, wires all over the place, loads of plugs in an extension. But we put up with it because we don't like spending money on TVs and have other priorities. I bit the bullet to buy this when we were desperate for storage space, so we now have a very nice 3ft sideboard where the old tv was, with this standing on top - it looks so nice we kept imagining we must be staying in a holiday cottage. The stand is nice and sturdy (one reason I went for this one). There are no proper instructions on how to put the stand together, but it is easy enough to work out. They recommend you attach the base to the wall with a tie, and there is a loop at the back of the stand to do this. We didn't bother, it seems sturdy enough.

The picture is great. The sound is less 'surround' than our old TV and sounds a bit tinny compared to the old TV but it is absolutely fine and actually we prefer it as it doesn't blast the neighbours when turned up too high and is all you need - good sound. I expect the dvd player will pack up at some point, as I've heard this is an issue with tv's with a dvd player but we don't watch dvd's that often anyway so thought it was worth a risk for the space saving.

I would highly recommend this. It hurt spending this much when there is a Technika one for £50 less but it didn't have such good reviews and I wanted a good one. Our living room is 15" x 13" and this is plenty big enough.
on 5 April 2014
We bought this TV for our bedroom and are very happy with it. It's a good enough size for in there and we are very happy with our purchase.
on 24 February 2013
Purchased this TV as a replacement for my 6 year old bedroom Toshiba which had recently stopped working. The TV is quite minimal in appearance with a thin bezel - in fact it has more of a resemblance to a computer monitor than a TV.

The unit comes with the stand separate in the box but this is easily attached to the main unit with the 4 supplied screws. On the back of the TV there are connections for HDMI, Scart, VGA and SPDIF for digital audio. Also on the back on a raised area are connections for 2 USB, Headphone Jack, a conditional access module interface and the slot for the DVD. Setup was painless, simply connect up the areal switch on and then follow the on screen instructions to tune in the set.

Good points

Picture quality is a subjective thing, but I would describe the picture as adequate and good for the price - but I suppose as the owner of a series 9 Pioneer Kuro still regarded by many as the best flat panel TV ever made I'm a bit spoilt. It did need some tweaking of the picture controls but once setup correctly for my room the TV provided pictures that were enjoyable to watch. On many of the reviews on this site there has been quite harsh criticism of the sound quality on many small Toshiba TV's. But again, I found the sound quality to be quite adequate - as long as you're not expecting HI-FI quality sound. As to the DVD player all I can say is that it worked as expected - no issues there.

Negative points.

On the picture side of things although viewing angles were ok horizontally the same cannot be said for viewing angles on the vertical plane. As a result this may not be the TV for you if for example it was placed high up on a wall and you do most of your viewing laying in bed. In situations such as this the picture looks dark and in some situations is unwatchable. One other small gripe is with the remote control - although I do wear glasses I found the text on some of the buttons extremely small and difficult to read.

The TV also has the capability to play media from a connected USB device but I have not used this facility so cannot comment as to it's effectiveness.

So to conclude: a very good small set, with good picture and adequate sound quality that performs well for the price.
44 comments|258 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2014
At first I found difficulties with the TV but however after setting up the TV I was more then surprised with the picture quality and sound, as it has clear picture and sound. Also the DVD player was excellent too worked perfectly. In addition to this the service from Amazon as usual was excellent and delivery was prompt and earlier then expected! The free view built in was an advantage too with the Ariel picking up all the channels also I believe Toshiba TV has to be one of the best make and model as it fully satisfied me and exceeded my expectation and highly recommend it to anyone considering to purchase this item !
on 22 August 2014
The picture excellent but the sound is lousy. Needs a sound-bar to get anywhere decent sound. The issue is there is no room for anything but small speakers that sound like a cheap transistor radio. Shame really because the picture is very good indeed.
on 11 March 2015
Good sound quality and good pic.

However, we have had 2 of these TVs in quick succession, one was a replacement due to the DVD player making such a loud knocking and scratching noise when watching DVDs. About 4 months after the replacement arrived, we have the same issue. Now can't watch any DVDs now as concerned it will damage the discs.

Avoid this product
on 19 January 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas. It is a great size for him to play games in his bedroom and was very reasonably priced
on 2 February 2015
This TV has failed and it is only 16 months old. The volume has developed a mind of its own and ramps up to full volume and will not then adjust. You cannot reset the TV to its default settings as the menu settings just scroll round on their own. I think that a TV should last a lot longer than 16 months, so feel that this TV really deserves a 0 star rating, sadly there is no option for that. Phoned Toshiba who were not interested unless of course we wanted to pay for a repair. Having looked further into this fault on the web, it appears that many of Toshiba TV's develop this fault - so it would appear that it is an inherent fault that Toshiba should have fixed by now. Based upon this, I cannot recommend this TV.
on 2 August 2014
Having just thrown away a very "old school" bulky tv, i knew this type of tv would sound different , yes it doesn't sound as basey or deep, but that doesn't bother me, as i kinow most flat screens have this issue with the sound not being as deep (aka tinny) but to be honest if you turn the sound up, it doesn't sound that bad, and for the cost of the tv being very reasonable it is a sacrifice , plus you could add surround sound speakers to it ifyou really want to, but this is my bedroom tv, so i don't really want/need it very deep/loud.

The picture is lovely, i added a pic on here to show u (the pic shows a very green still image of an advert, it's meant to be that vibrant)

Dvd Player is easy to use, although only tested that for a few mins, but so far, so good

5 stars from me