Purchased this TV as a replacement for my 6 year old bedroom Toshiba which had recently stopped working. The TV is quite minimal in appearance with a thin bezel - in fact it has more of a resemblance to a computer monitor than a TV.

Published 13 months ago by Rufdymond

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD player issues
Really nice tv but the DVD player was very noisy so we ordered a replacement - same issue so we're returning it and getting a refund.
Published 13 days ago by N W HAZELL

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good small set, with good picture and adequate sound quality, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Toshiba 24D1333B/24D1333B2 24-inch High Definition LED TV with Built-In DVD Player (Electronics)

The unit comes with the stand separate in the box but this is easily attached to the main unit with the 4 supplied screws. On the back of the TV there are connections for HDMI, Scart, VGA and SPDIF for digital audio. Also on the back on a raised area are connections for 2 USB, Headphone Jack, a conditional access module interface and the slot for the DVD. Setup was painless, simply connect up the areal switch on and then follow the on screen instructions to tune in the set.

Good points

Picture quality is a subjective thing, but I would describe the picture as adequate and good for the price - but I suppose as the owner of a series 9 Pioneer Kuro still regarded by many as the best flat panel TV ever made I'm a bit spoilt. It did need some tweaking of the picture controls but once setup correctly for my room the TV provided pictures that were enjoyable to watch. On many of the reviews on this site there has been quite harsh criticism of the sound quality on many small Toshiba TV's. But again, I found the sound quality to be quite adequate - as long as you're not expecting HI-FI quality sound. As to the DVD player all I can say is that it worked as expected - no issues there.

Negative points.

On the picture side of things although viewing angles were ok horizontally the same cannot be said for viewing angles on the vertical plane. As a result this may not be the TV for you if for example it was placed high up on a wall and you do most of your viewing laying in bed. In situations such as this the picture looks dark and in some situations is unwatchable. One other small gripe is with the remote control - although I do wear glasses I found the text on some of the buttons extremely small and difficult to read.

The TV also has the capability to play media from a connected USB device but I have not used this facility so cannot comment as to it's effectiveness.

So to conclude: a very good small set, with good picture and adequate sound quality that performs well for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tv, 4 Nov 2013
Great purchase, love the idea of the built in DVD, space saving on an extra DVD player, perfect size A++

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little TV, 13 Mar 2013
I got this TV for the bedroom and it is perfect for a bedroom or kitchen. The picture is Full HD and is clear and sharp. It is easy to change sources as I mostly plug my laptop in to catch up on TV shows I miss when Im working. The 7 day planner is easy to use and clearly laid out. You can set reminders for programmes you would like to watch which is a nifty little addition. The white surround is narrow and so isn't distracting when watching TV. The remote is easily manages and the buttons are symboled in a way that you know what each one means. the built in DVD player is great and the sound of the TV is clear too.
The only slightly negative about this TV (and small TV's in general) is that the speakers are in the back. Mine isn't wall mounted so I have no idea how that would the effect the sound. However I do have to turn my TV up quite a bit when watching films to hear them properly. that being said, this little TV has the capacity to go quite loud, which my last smaller TV didn't so its not a major issue.
Overall, this is great value for money. Recommended on all fronts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 40in, 26 Mar 2014
Prompt delivery the picture is good even on non hd channels the sound is good and it was very easy to set up would recommend this model

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 30 Sep 2013
brilliant very pleased arrived well in time frame..
excellent picture quality all round very happy with purchase.
would recommend this seller

4.0 out of 5 stars ., 31 Aug 2013
A lot of TV's this size are a lot more expensive. This does the job, great sound and picture and I like the way I no longer need separate DVD and freeview box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tv, 5 April 2014
We bought this TV for our bedroom and are very happy with it. It's a good enough size for in there and we are very happy with our purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 27 Mar 2014
I had a 32inch TV but wanted a replacement with DVD.
This set fitted my criteria ie the right size screen for my lounge and allows me to play music CDs
When required I play a DVD occasionally and it is there when the children visit with their DVDs
I ordered the set on Saturday and recieved it 9.40am on Tuesday. Well done!
Simple to attach stand to set which I made safe by screwing it to my home stand
Straightforward to do setup of set
Tip: I found Picture setup suited me best on DYNAMIC

5.0 out of 5 stars TV, 19 Jan 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas. It is a great size for him to play games in his bedroom and was very reasonably priced

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 7 Nov 2013
Brought this tv for a bedroom,it was great value for money would recommend this item very brilliant and compact easy to set up

ARRAY(0xb60ba534)