5.0 out of 5 stars A very strong iPhone 5 car holder
Published 23 months ago by Gary Chant

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a while, then useless
Fine for a while then it fell off the windscreen and now won't adhere at all .. I've been on the Garmin web site trying to find an email address with no luck at all - just when you think you're going to get to an email address, you get a 'page not found,' or similar. I just want an email address so I can contact the vendor - apparently that's too much to ask ...
Published 5 months ago by Sirolway

5.0 out of 5 stars A very strong iPhone 5 car holder, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Garmin 010-11959-00 Designer Car Kit for Apple iPhone 5/ 5S (Automotive)
I was looking to replace my old iPhone 4 Tom Tom car kit. As Tom Tom do not have a iPhone 5 car kit I wanted a good holder for my car. After looking at loads of phone holders I found the Garmin designer holder. It is very good, it is well made and sticks to the windscreen well. It is very strong and does not move at all! I use it with the Tom Tom app and use the belkin lightning car charger to power the iPhone when on the go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iPhone 5 Bracket, 16 Mar. 2013
I have tried a few brackets but this is by far the best, yes it's expensive but if you have the Tom Tom program plus this bracket you have the perfect Sat Nav / phone combination. I would indeed recommend this to any one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong & very well designed, 1 Dec. 2013
Edi Venturin (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
Works perfect, even better than expected.
Really good purchase. Recommended.

> Have no idea why I have to write more words. They're not needed. <

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 5 Nov. 2013
I agree with reviews I read prior to buying this product, excellent quality / design, you can't leave the cover on your phone but this means less bulk in your line of vision. Spend a bit extra you won't regret it. NB...it comes with a double port USB lighter socket adaptor for charging your phone (no cable).

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great if you've got a screen protector on, 10 Dec. 2013
D. Mayhew (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
I too was looking for a suitable replacement for my much loved TomTom Iphone 4 cradle - which was pefect, although only ever used it for charging and the GPS boost.

After many evenings searching, I decided on the this cradle and the Garmin lightning cable (you get a lighter sockect USB charger with the cradle)

As per other comments, this thing is solid - no vibrations what so ever, although it has highlighted a tiny rattle on the iPhone power button.

It's not too bulky with nice looks and good quality overall, not sure how long the retaining clip will last, we shall see.

The only bad point is that the cradle has been made with no tollerance allowance, which means the fit is perfect - too perfect if you use screen protectors. There's no room for the thinkness of the protector and the result is the bottom 2 corners are fouled creating small bubbles on my new protector which took me an hour to fit...

Anyway, I have solved this problem by filing the back edge of the bottom retainers taking a good millimetre off with no detrimental effect to the cradle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin iPhone 5, 13 Oct. 2013
This is well built and sucks well to windscreen. Could have done with lead from unit to lighter socket. Also you have to take off your cover when you want to use it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kit!, 28 July 2013
So used a few phone kits in the past but no where near as good as this one. Very sturdy, fixes to windscreen very well no chance of falling off and iPhone fits perfect. Is a bit expensive but worth it I also use the belkin charger 2.1a which is also great works every time and charges fast. Both recommended to all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a while, then useless, 2 Nov. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Nov. 2013
This phone stand really is excellent, it is nice and compact, best of all though and why it gets 5 stars it has no shudder, when you are driving along it remains perfectly still , unlike all other car phone holders I have had. I'm very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product which holds the iphone well, 5 Nov. 2013
I reccomend this product as there are many 'cheaper' quivalents around however this is good quality. It matches the iphone quality.

Garmin 010-11959-00 Designer Car Kit for Apple iPhone 5/ 5S