5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing
Like other readers I strongly suggest you view her TED talks - but this book is an amplification and detailed explanation of the talk - it really enhances what she's saying.
Published 17 months ago by Rachel Irvine

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive
This book starts out well and is interesting, but like so many lifestyle-changing books, it runs out of steam quickly and just repeats itself. Overall I found nothing new here - a basic bit of CBT about changing how we view ourselves and how we present to the world; accept yourself as you are and "to thine own self be true".
Published 12 months ago by Blue Monday

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 4 Feb 2013
First, for those unfamiliar with Brene's work, she is a 'proper' academic, researcher, but working in the less common academic field of studying vulnerablilty and shame. Now before you decide this book isn't for you - just think about some of these things she's discovered.

As we get older, wiser and more bruised by life's events - a lot of us try to shut down our feelings of vulnerability so we don't get hurt any more. We also try to comply to society's stereotypes of our gender (these are completely different for men and women - as a woman I thought the social prssure to be thin, pretty and have a perfect home was bad - just read her research on men's straitjacket). The problem is with this, is that we numb all our feelings. So if you don't feel bad, you don't feel good either. She identifies that so many of us believe we can avoid unhappiness by forboding - who hasn't had a moment of 'everything is going well - disaster must be about to strike', rather than accepting that if bad things happen, the missing out on enjoying the preceeding good years won't help?

I'm explaining this badly - she does it really well, with honesty, vulnerability and humour. I urge you to try this book - I don't think you will regret it. It will change your perspective on life, your approach to parenting and contributes to a more joyful, less scared and angry middle-years period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read., 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (Kindle Edition)
This book has given me a good way of looking at things. A very helpful easy to read book that really puts things into perspective. Will help to understand more about where people are coming from in my Coaching practice.

We need to know that it's ok to be feel or be vulnerable. Being vulnerable is seen as negative, but we can turn this around to seeing it as positive. It can give us the drive to move forward, no longer using the feeling to stop us from doing things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 23 Dec 2012
Brene Brown's research, her active involvement in shame and vulnerability study are very much appreciated around the world. The book is a follow-up of ther previous works and TED talks. Inspiring, moving, truthful, sincere, great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 28 July 2013
This book is healing, insightful, reflective, inspiring, challenging and hopeful. For those wishing to lead a more compassionate, loving and forgiving life, with teachings and practices of how to have all of the above, while also having boundaries, knowing your worth and not allowing yourself to be a door mat, this book is a pathway to such enlightenment. A must have for those seeking and walking 'the path'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that will be a guide and reference point., 6 Dec 2012
When I heard Brené's TED talk I thought maybe this book will just expand on this... oh no. Each page is filled with researched rich insight, Brené is a very special writer. There is depth, humour, honesty, vision, guidance; hence a book to go back to reread chapters, anchor life to... can I say more? Thank you Brené

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best book so far, 21 Oct 2012
Rosemarie S (Brisbane, Australia) - See all my reviews
My view is that this is Brene Brown's best book so far. If you are unfamiliar with her work, please go and watch her TED Talks.
Brene Brown has been on a journey, and she is both candid and engaging about that journey being about re-connecting with herself in order to connect better with those she loves.
She writes simply, and her writing has evolved as her understanding of her subject has grown.
You may find yourself deeply touched by her words. You may well find smiles and laughter at her humanity and humour.
A geat read. It will be on 2012 Xmas list as a gift to those who matter to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brené Brown's Daring Greatly, 7 Jan 2013
I saw her TED-talks and simply had to buy her latest book.
She is candid, thorough and funny and this is a book I shall go back to many, many times.
A very courageous woman indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just go with the title, 14 Oct 2013
I love this book because it helps explain so much about real living and who one can be if you just open up to those unmentionable and unspeakable feelings and emotions inside. Ok, so you're fearful of delving into those unkown areas of the soul. As the title says "Dare Greatly" and you will have a new life.

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely a thought provoking book, 15 Aug 2013
Daring Greatly should be a compulsory read for all teachers and Parents. Brene shows so clearly how the malaise of modern society has built up the fear and shame culture. An excellent book with so much good advice about how to improve your relationships and transform the way you live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reminder on how to live your life., 13 Aug 2013
I downloaded this after I read an Article in the Guardian newspaper and also watched Brene Brown deliver one of her "Ted" lectures.

This book does not disappoint. It reminds us all of how we must dare to live more bravely and speak up.....and most of all for parents....how to ensure that your children can optimise their lives without fearing vulnerability.

Excellent all round help and guidance from this inspirational lady.