5.0 out of 5 stars a very high quality offering if you want is an excellent introduction and decent overview/coverage
it's a good idea to be clear what a book has achieved if you're reading this review in order to decide wether to buy it or not.
I have to say, i really enjoyed reading (and working through this book) tremendsouly

First of all, this book is written with tremendous flair from the point of view of the authorial voice. Dry it is not. David Sawyer Mcfarland...
Published 18 months ago by CharlesA

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine
Half way through and it does a reasonable job. Works up from the basics which can be a little frustrating.
Published 6 months ago by Oftonbridge

4.0 out of 5 stars What you do not have this book?, 14 July 2013
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have a good collection of "missing manual" books. But as much as I like the series I let each book stand on its own merit.

I am familiar with David Sawyer McFarland and also have "CSS: The Missing Manual." My most indispensible book however is HTML5: The Missing Manual by Matthew MacDonald.

I am just now diving into this book and trying the examples. But it looks like a very worthwhile acquisition. I am not that fluent in CSS3 but with the help of this book and a little pilfering of code I hope to be.

I suggest that this book is a good addition even if you feel that you know it all as it may explain something in a new light.

I did not have any earlier editions to tell want was improved or corrected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough time to read, 10 Jun 2013
Mr. J. D. Cryer "Dougie" (Bedford, England) - See all my reviews
Despite not having enough time tow work on my CSS3 skills what I have read of this book has satisfied m that I made the right choice. It has all the required information and is laid out in a clear and concise way. the first chapter or so were a little laboured but I kept going and was glad I did not skip parts as I learned something every few pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly written, 31 May 2013
This review is from: CSS3: The Missing Manual (Kindle Edition)
Its not often I can lose myself in what is essentially a text book but this book is so well written its like having a conversation with the writer. I have blitzed my way through the first 5 chapters in a night and feel like I have really absorbed the information. One tip, don't skip the tutorial sections they really help things sink in.

5.0 out of 5 stars CSS3: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals), 22 May 2013
This is an excellent book if you are wanting to know the new CSS3 and some of the HTML5 developments. The book is well laid out, also has some Tutorial Exercises and you can also download the code which is also useful.

I great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and consise, 22 Mar 2013
Very clear book and a great way to learn the intricacies of CSS3. I read the chapters through one by one, but it is also a great reference book for quickly looking up things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful resource, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: CSS3: The Missing Manual (Kindle Edition)
Good read. I particularly like the setup that splits each chapter into informative discussions and useful tutorials. You can quite happily do the tutorials and pick up most of the information from those, getting more detail from the first parts of each chapter if required.

It's well written and mostly avoids what American authors think passes for humour. I bought the ebook, because it was much cheaper and I thought I should; and it is fine but the print version would be easier to navigate if, like me, you jump about a bit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough!, 28 Feb 2013
Let me state right from the start I have not bought this book.

I am writing this review after downloading a sample of the book.

I do not know if the author reads these reviews but I feel I have to say that either the sample is too short or the book if full of Preface, About the author etc twaddle. I plowed through everything to get to the start of the good stuff only to have the sample run out leaving me no way to assess if the book is any good or not.

I buy loads of technical books for myself and my company and always use the same method. I DL as many samples as I can find, read ALL of them, select three that I want and then read the online reviews and make my final selection.

It is very very rare that I cannot assess a book because the sample finishes before any true content.

I do not want your book for free (the are places for that) as I am happy to pay for it but not untested.

CSS3: The Missing Manual