Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£0.99

on 6 July 2013
It has given me the confidence to convert an old laptop to Linux and try to get to grips with it. I cannot be the only person who wants a computer for business/word/spreadsheets/email and does not want Facebook/news/entertainment. If you are like me you may want to think about Linux instead of Windows8. A book this size does not cover all there is to know about Linux Mint but I felt I understood it quite easily and can start out with confidence.
on 29 March 2013
very clear and well explained book for the linux mint noobies,
It Is well written and leaves me waiting for a more advanced version.
Linux Mint its self is a wonderful OS and I enjoy using it very much
on 25 February 2014
Packed with useful ideas for getting extra out of this OS. He doesn't even impose DRM so making it possible to read the book in Calibre in Linux Mint while trying out the tips.
on 6 August 2015
A useful starting point, supplying the basics. It's cheap, and well written in terms of being easily understood, but the author gave little care to editing - it is littered with errors, both within texts and instructional examples. Given its short length, this is sloppy and unforgiveable, and includes such as "commmand", which even the most basic spellchecker would pick up. Much useful information is supplied, but be aware, and read carefully.
on 12 January 2014
I originally switched to Ubuntu years ago to resurrect an old PC after my current laptop failed and I could not afford to buy a new one.......I never looked back. I recently settled on the Ubuntu based OS, Linux Mint, as it yet again turned a PC which was too old to run a supported windows OS into a very usable and good looking workhorse. Having become used to Ubuntus' Unity desktop, I found this guide ideal to help me find my way around Linux Mint.
on 23 January 2014
This ebook gives a good introduction to Linux Mint for people new to Linux. It covers command line as well as the graphical user interface, and describes a number of useful software applications that can be downloaded for free.
Also, as it was an ebook, it didn't cost much and didn't add any weight to my creaking, overloaded bookcase.
on 2 March 2014
This is a book for the beginner. Just like is says on the cover. It's basic approach is 'do this'. So, find what you want to do, follow the instructions, job done. RD
on 3 May 2014
Closer attention to editing would earn a higher rating.
Contains a number of typos, and could lead a tyro into distress.
on 13 June 2013
This guide is for beginners, but very soon runs out of useful information. It is simply too basic to be of much use. All of the information could have been condensed into 3 A4 pages.
on 7 June 2013
A very low price but a book which gives me all the information I need in starting with Linux Mint.