5.0 out of 5 stars Loved P20 for myself
Published 8 months ago by busy mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but not without it's flaws.
I will start off by saying this is a good product, however I have a few issues with it. I've used it for a while both at work (I'm a Landscaper) and on multiple holidays this year:

Published 6 months ago by Raystand86

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved P20 for myself, 10 Sept. 2014
busy mum (Northern Ieland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF30 Sunscreen 200ml (Personal Care)
Loved P20 for myself, my husband and children. I bought factor 20, 30 and 50. I have very fair skin that burns after short periods of sun exposure. Applied it every morning and let it dry for 15 mins before dressing and going into the sun or pool. Didn't notice discolouration on clothing. Brilliant for kids who wouldn't leave the pool. 3 200ml bottles lasted the 4 of us almost two weeks. Topped up on a few occasions during the day after long periods in the pool and on very hot days. None of us got sunburned.
I am converted to P20 for the future. I also got the best tan ever.
Don't get it in your eyes and take care when applying to the face. My mum made her eyes very sensitive when it got into them possibly from sweat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but not without it's flaws., 19 Nov. 2014

+ Unless you heavily cover all areas, you WILL get burned - A light coating won't work. Because the product doesn't spread very well, you use a lot up in just one thorough coating.

+ It's not as water resistant as it leads you to believe - It states that it's good for up to 80 minutes in the water. I don't burn easily and I've found it needs re-applying after less than 30 minutes in the water. I got heavily burned on a day trip in Cuba. I applied lots in the morning, we went swimming in a cave for around 20 minutes, got out, didn't bring the P20 to re-apply and ended up burning afterwards.

+ Not suitable for working outdoors - The reason I was recommended this product was because I had to use normal lotion for my work, having to re-apply a lot everyday. I tried using P20 at work for a while, so I could apply in the morning and then forget about it all day. Due to the nature of the product, it feels like it is a protective layer on top of your skin, unlike normal lotions that absorb in. The reason this made it bad for working in, is that when you sweat, the sweat can't escape. My face and arms were covered/dripping with sweat, but my legs and the rest of my body were bone dry.

So in conclusion, the product is good for just regular use, but poor for use when working or after being in the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 19 Aug. 2013
Loving the fact that they now make factor 30 with a 5 star UVA rating. I've been a massive fan of p20 for a few years now. My son who is now 9 has very pale skin like his father which burns easily even with factor 50 but they have never burnt with this. Even on our family holidays to Egypt and Turkey in temperatures above 40 they didn't burn. When abroad I always apply in the morning and after lunch but in the UK I only apply once in the morning, even when we go to the beach. Highly recommend. Is expensive but worth every penny, I'd pay anything for my son not to burn.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not live up to the reviews, 22 April 2015
I have just returned from a week in Cape Verde and applied the factor 30 liberally on the morning of the first day. Unfortunately, I had to spend the next 2 days completely sheltered from the sun as I was so sun-burnt. After that, I applied the factor 30 twice daily (even though it claims you only need to apply it once) and, although I didn't get burnt as badly for the remainder of the week, I did still get burnt!

I was actually holidaying with friends who had recommended P20. They used lower factor versions (once a day) while we were away and only got very slightly sun-burnt. I have also read many positive reviews of the product - so it obviously does work for some people. I am relatively fair-skinned but by no means pale - factor 30 is always more than adequate and I usually go down to a factor 20 after a couple of days. I used the factor 30 P20 for the whole week and came home more burnt than I ever have on previous holidays. So, if you haven't used P20 before and are thinking of giving it a try, maybe take an alternative sun cream with you in case you have the same problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Our sunscreen of choice for holidays, 28 July 2014
Brains (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I generally love this product, but I have a couple of reservations about it.

First of all, you must must must make sure you cover yourself effectively, and the product instructions recommend a second application on day 1. If you miss any small part of your body, you will get severely burned. The product is yellow at first, but dries clear, leaving a slightly oily film for an hour or so until it soaks in completely/washes off a bit. This helps with effective application.

If you get this in your eyes, you will suffer streaming itching red eyes, so be very careful around the eye area especially with kids. I found that anti-histamine tablets and sunglasses helped reduce the sensation on a couple of occasions where I was not careful enough, or sweat washed it into my eyes before it had dried enough.

The benefit of this product is that it is highly effective at preventing sunburn when used correctly and really can be applied once a day, which is great for avoiding the hassle, worry, tears and baggage with traditional sunscreen products and lets the kids just get on and have fun.

I personally think the spray is a bit of a gimmick - you have to rub it in by hand anyway and it can miss/blow off resulting in wasted product, but my wife prefers a spray, I don't really know why.

This is a good price for this product. One bottle lasted about 10 days with our 2 and 4 year old boys, although we put them in scratch suits so only did their arms legs and face/neck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never go in the sun without it, 8 Jan. 2014
I am a natural blonde with the palest skin, I just need to look at the sun and I burn. I was fed up ruining my holidays sitting in the shade with sunburn so when I was recommended this by a friend it was the first thing I bought the next time I went on holiday.

You apply it in the morning before you go out in the sun then it lasts all day. When you apply it your skin is very oily and you need to wait on it drying in or it marks your clothes but once it has dried in that is you for the day. I can now sit in the sun all day without burning, it has made holidays more fun because I can spend as much time in the sun and the pool now without worrying about being bright red by the end of the day.

The only down side I found was that some of my white tops got stained with the oil so be careful to let it dry in fully and if I was walking about a lot with strappy sandals on then sunbathing my feet ended up burning where the straps were so they must have rubbed it off. Now I just make sure I top up my feet when I take my shoes off.

Other than that its great, sunburnt free holidays now. I don't go anywhere without it anymore and recommend it to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't use anything else, 23 Aug. 2014
I've been using this product for 5 years now and have never gone back to the old style sun creams. Put it on at home first and let it dry as it can stain light coloured clothes. I then renew it at around midday if staying on a beach all day and I don't burn even in Spain. If you are very fair skinned I would suggest perhaps putting to on 3 times in a day as I don't agree with the 8 hours said on the spray. You still gently tan but without the pain! Its very easy to use, rubs in easily, but tastes a bit funny on your lips!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protection ever, 30 April 2015
P. Matthews (Stoke on Trent) - See all my reviews
With this protection you need nothing else. I have been using it for years. Initially I used it on a desert trek (Marathon de Sables) and I did not get burnt once. Have used it ever since. Before I used to go red then flake very easily. Now I go very slightly brown. I also suffer from dry skin and it actually helped for that.
Its great that it lasts all day, whatever you do. Its easy to apply. Its so good that I could go on and on about it. BUY IT. No other sun protection should be allowed.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars We just put it on once and we were protected for the whole day, 10 Sept. 2014
We used this when we went to Tunisia and were so pleased with the results. We just put it on once in the morning, gave it a few minutes to dry and we were protected for the whole day even in the hot Tunisian sun. None of us burnt, despite me having very fair skin which usually goes pink on day one, and the sun cream itself left your skin feeling soft and moisturized rather than greasy. I'll definitely use this sun cream again, it was just fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 May 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This sun protection is the best I've ever come across. I have red hair and pale skin so burn like a lobster if I don't wear sun cream and I have to keep reapplying all day with other cheap sun creams. I slap on this P20 lotion in the morning and forget about for the rest of the day, I have been out in the hot sun all day without any signs of the dreaded burn! Definitely recommend this product!