5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly useful R guide...
Would recommend this book highly. It is an updated version of what could be considered an R "Bible". Explanation of techniques together with samples of code. It is a valued reference book that should be in every university library.
Published on 6 April 2013 by gtkovacs

3.0 out of 5 stars OK introduction
I started learning R from this book. It is a good book. Sometimes the information I'm looking for is scattered, ideas or commands are employed even though they are really treated later and the index could be better, though. It would be a good idea to by two books to learn R. I bought Robert Kabacoff's R in Action, too, and jointly the books are what I need.
Published on 20 April 2013 by Imareader

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly useful R guide..., 6 April 2013
gtkovacs (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars OK introduction, 20 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The R Book (Hardcover)
If u want to use R, this book is a necessary equipment. You can use it as a dictionary or as a textbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars comprehensive and well structured., 25 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The R Book (Hardcover)
It's a massive volume and although it's full of information, the pages are not very crammed and I don't feel demotivated just looking at them. I'm fairly new to coding of any kind, have never coded before and never took classes in school.
We were introduced to R at uni, so when I bought this book, I did have some very basic knowledge of coding, R, and stats, which I think is definitely useful when using this book. Although it really does start with the very basics, so I guess anyone with any background could use it. I don't know how useful it is for more advanced users, but I could imagine it to be a good reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bible for R..., 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The R Book (Hardcover)
For me, this wouldn't be the best book to start learning R with, I would go for "R in Action:..." as it gives an easier start on the learning curve. Once you've gone through that book then this becomes the bible for 'how do I do...' or 'what does X do...'.

The examples are clearly written with understandable commentary covering what each does.

So far, the book seems to cover every (general) R question I've needed to have answered.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this, 22 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The R Book (Hardcover)
I'm getting thru this book, very well written. I would also recommend discovering statistics using R, both play off each other rather too well ! Get this book now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec. 2014
Blaise F. Egan "blaisefegan" (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The R Book (Hardcover)
The latest version of the R bible. If you write R this should be on your shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Feb. 2015