on 27 June 2011
This was perfect for my 3 year old grandson. The text was true to the story we remembered and the illustrations were good.
on 19 December 2011
As with all the others in the series, this book has large colourful engaging illustrations and easy to follow texts which rhyme. The fonts used are different sizes so the child can focus on the larger words and learn them. My little one was just over two when I started collecting the volumes and he loved them from the moment he set eyes on them (before...his idea of reading a book was to throw it around the room or hit me on the head with it!). Excellent value for money as the pages are quite thick good quality paper that doesn't crease or rip too easily and are safely attached to the cover (my son is not very delicate when it comes to handling things...). They are the right size too for little hands and look nice in a row on his book shelf, creating his little personal library of favourite stories. Unfortunately they are not waterproof and can't be dried clean if something is spilled over them (which happened and resulted in me having to buy a new one as it was a favourite!). The only problem is...you will have to read and re-read them continuously! I have already pre-ordered the new titles and can't wait for their release in March!
on 29 October 2013
I bought this as it was my husbands favourite as a child, for him to read to our child. Pictures are more up to date but still a lovely book.
on 4 February 2014
The First Favourite Tales are just the right length for 3 yr olds. The repetition of words encourages them to join in and there's sufficient content in the illustrations to encourage further discussion.
The stories aren't always faithfull to the original which isn't surprising as they're so shortened but the basics remain.
Granddaughter found story a little frightening but wants to read it time and again.
on 29 January 2012
Borrowed the previous edition from the library and must admit that this is a much better version. The illustrations are better, the size and quality of the book has been improved as well.

A very good retelling of the The Three Billy Goats Gruff aimed at 2 to 4 year olds. We now have the complete set although only this one is the latest edition. Highly recommend to keep your little one/s enthralled.
on 1 August 2013
bought these for my 3 year old as wanted a good set of traditional stories. excellent little books, lovely pictures and they mainly stick to well known phrases in each story, so he will learn them and be able to join in. will last a long time as i read them to him now but he will be able to read them himself in a few years. will probably buy the whole set eventually.
on 6 August 2014
Having bought two other versions of this story which were not the traditional version, was happy to find this version is the original ladybird story complete with "trip trapping over my bridge" One of my daughter's favourite stories!
on 21 March 2013
my son had the first favourite tales books when he was younger and they're so good i'm buying them again for my nieces. can't wait to read them it :)

highly recommended for young children (age <2/3)
on 28 February 2015
Granddaughters love these books, we have a collection of them and a great size to snuggle down and read before lights out. Colourful, cute and rather tough!
Nice to have original stories too...
on 13 December 2014
Wanted this book as I used to read it to my nieces and wanted to read it to my great niece. A lot of the books I looked at were modern takes on the story but this was true to the original story.