5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to get better!
I finally (sadly) finished watching "Girls" Season 2 last night - and I LOVED IT!

Published 12 months ago by Lola

Certainly not as good as the first series but still very good.
Whilst the first series was fresh and funny this series feels like it has Apatow's slightly outdated and tiring 'woah is me' indie feel stamped all over it, which is not a problem but just don't expect the simple pleasures of the first series.
Published 7 months ago by Stoker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to get better!, 19 Feb. 2014
Lola (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)

My initial disappointment with the first couple of episodes was quickly overturned as the season progressed, I was hooked. The show continues to be edgy, smart, funny, quite unique, different and a bit (sometimes more than a bit) awkward (and this comes with the season when we barely see Hannah naked!). There are a few story lines that go through the season, from Shoshanna's relationship with Ray to Hannah's OCD (brilliantly done! If you ever had even a mild form of OCD, you will appreciate and recognise the motions Hannah goes through.). Each episode is its own story, and each chapter is one brilliant sitcom in its own right. Overall the show was very much enjoyed by me.

I loved all of the characters, from narcissistic and aloof Jenna to uptight Marnie (also quite narcissistic and manipulative, it turns out!), and curious, honest, with a wry sense of humour, phenomenal (and embracing it) Hannah, and, of course, Shoshanna, who, it seems, is the only lead female character who has her life together (i.e. she goes to college, she is able to communicate her needs and desires to her fellow characters and has a moral barometer that is working!).

Time flew by! (And I appreciated less than half an hour episodes - you can watch a few and still have an evening left!) Yes, when I think about this I admit there is not a lot of philosophising going on, and I appreciate a lot of people may think there is no substance to the series, no glowing idea behind "Girls". But I tend to disagree. And in any case, I think the series is a great way to banish the boredom and cringe at the mistakes made by someone else, rather than you.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the Third Season so I can watch it all in one weekend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Along with buying Downton Abbey and Madmen, this programme has become a 'token' Christmas or birthday present for my girlfriend. I actually quite like it as well, it's a lot more realistic than Sex and the City, very funny in parts and with likeable characters. I don't think it was as good as the first series though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Certainly not as good as the first series but still very good, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Certainly not as good as the first series but still very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 15 Sept. 2013
This season is by far the best series so far. It actually has a story besides the first season, if I were a beginner to the show, I'd just watch it from season 2! Can't wait for the third!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls, Season 2, 12 May 2014
Ms. I. Nwosu (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Really glad I bought this, great show and fantastic cast. Would highly recommend, already looking forward to watching Season 3 and 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
A fantastic series that is both funny and emotional. This series explores the characters in more depth. A must see!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls Season 2 - Laugh out loud with heart, 6 Mar. 2014
Ms. Sally Norman "Sal" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Great season, just as good as the first season, laugh out loud comedy, easy to watch, great fun and great soundtrack with some touching moments. Full of different emotions.
Fans of Sex & The City and teen dramas would enjoy. Saying that I'm 33 and loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever & Entertaining, 16 Feb. 2014
Vodka Brown (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
So real it makes you squirm. Entertaining, unpredictable, intensely human and a much needed antidote to the mass produced plastic drivel.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit slow in the middle, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This is an amazing 2nd season, still funny and a bit awkward! But it does slow down in the middle episodes....

Well worth buying and I can't wait for season 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars more Fab Girls, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Im always left wanting more with this seris-this DVD is no exception. As always Hannah and her friends go off on the most random jaunts and all the main characters become even more endearing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013] by Lena Dunham (DVD - 2013)