5.0 out of 5 stars Super Animation
As a Star Wars fan, I approached the Clone Wars animated series with some trepidation. My 12 year old son converted me just as I converted him to the films. The Clone Wars take place between Episodes 2 and 3, and Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi are the heroes. This is the heroic part of Anakin's life, and it is as rousing and brave as you could imagine.

The...
Published 12 months ago by The Outsider

3.0 out of 5 stars good value but........
Published 12 months ago by ryker1701

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Animation, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Star Wars Clone Wars - Season 1-5 [DVD] (DVD)

The animation borders on the remarkable (it improves from series to series), the writing is at least as good as any of the films (and better in some cases), the acting is also good, and the saga told (so far) is compelling. My son loves the fights - there are loads of these - but there is much more to the Clone Wars than fight scenes. There is an entire episode based on Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. There are connected episodes, trilogies, quartets, even quintets within the series. Some feature the main players, some R2-D2, and introduce new heroes (like Asokah Tano, Anakin's ill-fated Padawan learner) and villains (Asajj Ventris, Pre Vizla, Savage Opress) as well as a revived Darth Maul and Chancellor Palpatine (still not revealed as evil!).

Each disc has 22 stories (22 minutes long) until Series 5 (20 spisodes). That's 108, if you're counting. That's about 50p an episode for a total of 2,376 minutes of action (and credits).

If you like Star Wars, you'll love Clone Wars. And get it on Blu-ray - it is eye poppingly brilliant. Thanks George. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu ray disk set, 13 Feb 2014
Got my box some weeks ago , after the "re-stock" and season 5 disks plays on both my two blu ray devices a standalone Panasonic and Sony PS3 , so I guess the fixed the disk issue

5.0 out of 5 stars which makes the viewing experience much better. I recall watching them on television when they ..., 3 Oct 2014
I'm only a few episodes into the series at the moment, pesky thing called work keeps getting in the way. I went the extra geek stap and bought the guide which presents the order to watch the episodes in, which makes the viewing experience much better. I recall watching them on television when they came out and some of the story arcs didn't follow on.
The animation is really nice as are the voice actors, they do a brilliant job of giving life to their characters and put much more emotion and believability into their roles that some of the actors did in those unmentionable prequels (now if they got remade Clone Wars style, I for one would not complain).
I highly recommend this series for Star Wars fans and for fans of really nice animation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy of the Star Wars brand!, 9 Mar 2014
Technical:

First and foremost I would like to adress the technical issues reported many times on the season 5 discs… On my PS3 there were none! The discs play without problems, the audio is in sync.

Picture: Beautiful!
Sound: Breathtaking!

Content:
The sublemental material: Very interesting, depending on the season, there are many but short video comentaries or few, but longer. All in all, it is a delight to listen to Filoni and team delve back in time and discuss the creative proces.
The Jedi archives are quite interesting, but take forever to load… this material is better suited for a PC or a web page than for ondisc browsing…

The Seasons themselfs:
The shows matures with each season… visually and thematically, so be advised that the first episodes are more light and fun, while the latter ones are more engaging, emotionall and increasingly dark.
This goes for quality also, the episodes become more and more small but actuall Star Wars movies, epic, touching, funny and also sad.
I think one must definetly say: Parents beware. Some episodes are child safe while others are for young teens…
The chronological order:
These episodes are in the airing order. This means, if you want to watch them in proper order, you have some (but not THAT much) disc swaping ahead of you, but it is totally worth it. Buy the quite cheap „Star Wars The Clone Wars Episode Guide” with seasons one to five, where they are presented in proper and easy to follow order and you will have much more fun with this show!
It is a shame they did not prepare new discs, but I guess they did not want to author new discs for this release… considering costs it is understandable!

Bottom line:
There are now three generations arguing what is the best and purest Star Wars, the OT, the PT or the CW… I won’t even go into books and comics… To me this show proved to be on equall terms with all of them… I love Star Wars, and this set is simply great.
One thing was a dissapointment… the theatrical release is not featured in this set, has to be ordered seperatly… this is a small negative but none the less… a truly complete set should have this one included.

Four out of five stars because of the lack of the Clone Wars movie, and because of the airing order (instead of chronological order).

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, one of my all Time favourite cartoons!, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Clone Wars - Season 1-5 [DVD] (DVD)
Got this as a Christmas Present from My Dad Robert and have been watching this series with him since December 2013 and Finally finished it yesterday and all I have to say is, this is one of the best animated TV shows of the decade. Filled with iconic characters like Anakin Skywalker, His Padawan Ahsoka Tano and many more this series add great diversity and colour the the Star Wars Universe as well as filling each series with long but brilliant Story Arcs. Many great voice actors apply their vocal skills in this series such as James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan, phil LaMarr as Kit Fisto as well as Catherine Taber as Padme Amidala, Sam Witwer as Darth Maul and Ian Abercrombie as Palpatine/Darth Sidious. The lightsaber fights and massive Clone vs droid battle are also fantastic and in my opinion are better than anything I've seen in the prequel trilogy. Over all this is a must have for Both Cartoon freaks and Star Wars fans and will provide you with 5 seasons of solid entertainment, such a shame that Disney cancelled this show last year. This is a must buy for everyone, 5 out of 5. 😊

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids... Older fan will love this too, 6 Dec 2014
when I first saw the trailer for the clone wars film I wasn't sure, however after watching the first season it grew and grew on me, you would think (because of the animated style) that it's very kid orientated and in a way, yes it is. but! You will find out that Dave filoni (supervising director) has us older fans quite in mind whilst making the episodes. They also mesh great with all 6 film episodes with nothing that really doesn't fit. It's a tragedy that Disney canceled this franchise as they wanted the Rebels series to start up along with the films (as you can't have a rebels tv series running along side a clone wars series) which is a real shame as (not inclueding season newly released season 6 lost missions which joins it up to episode III they had two other seasons written before that. They are you'll find though commited to telling any storylines left open though (I won't explain as it spoils) but there will be books and comics to tie up loose ends.

So over all. If your a Star Wars fan. Young and old, but it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Slow Start, but an Incredible Finish, 3 Dec 2014
Wow where do I start?

I used to watch The Clone Wars series on and off until a few years ago. Infact the 3 series was the only one I watched start to finish when it was originally on. However I've not watched the show since. It was mostly due to being both busy with college and time slot and channel shifts.

However recently my interest in the series was renewed due to a friend loaning me his box set of the 3rd series. I forgot how much I liked the show and wanted to continue watching. Especially since the 3rd series leaves a number of plot threads dangling. Most notably the Savage Oppress arc. (probably the best arc next to the Mortis arc).

I was.unable to locate dvds of the series in my area and I was dying to find out what happens next so I thought I'd give Amazon a shot. Low and behold the site delived. I was hoping to pick up the 4th series but I found the box set for the entire 5 series run for about 50 euros and though that was a steal. I had to have it.

Now I've got to compliment Amazon on delivery, they sent it out a day earlier than I expected. It's always nice to be surprised and I appreciated the timely arrival. Especially as I couldn't wait to watch the series. (I'm a massive spoiler phobe)

In.the month I've had it I've binge watched the entire 100 or so episodes about twice. I've been absolutely enamoured with this series. It has a slow start (infact I didn't even really like the original Clone award movie much) but the first two series are full of gems. But the series seriously seriously starts finding it's feet with the 3rd series and never losses steam :) there are so many great arcs or individual episodes, the story telling on this series is absolutely incredible.

On top of all the episodes every series features numerous behind the scenes featurettes offering bit sized companion pieces expanding of the cast and crews thoughts and efforts on working on this show. There's a lot of passion and talent involved and it's all on display here.

I'm dying for more, unfortunately the final series, the mini series "The Lost Missions" has yet to receive a European release so I'll be waiting a while yet on that.

I wholeheartedly recommend this box set in terms of both value and content. If you're a Star Wars fan and are dying for fantastic stories from a galaxy far, far away. I can guarantee you'll love this :)

3.0 out of 5 stars good value but........, 29 Nov 2013
Like many other on here season 5 would not play at all in my blu-ray player, amazon kindly sent a replacement but it had the same issue. I decided to keep the box set as it was still good value and went on to WB website & emailed them explaining the problem, that got back to me very fast and after sending them my address and proof of purchase they overnighted me replacement working disks via DHL from the states

Amazing service from Amazon & WB

Anyone buying this set should be aware of the problem but it can be fixed

5.0 out of 5 stars Art in motion, 19 Nov 2014
The TV and official online download offerings of this series are all in cropped 16:9 widescreen format. Watching these uncropped cinema scope 2.35:1 Blu-ray versions on a big screen (and a good home theatre sound system) really brings out the art in motion this series is.
A little rough around the edges in the beginning but slowly (as 3D rendering matures over the years) becomes jaw dropping in the latter seasons.
So incredibly sad that Disney pulled the plug on these. I was giddy when they announced the Rebels series. It would be the ultimate experience if Rebels aimed for the more adult Clone Wars audience and kept the same budget. But sadly, they cut us out and went straight for the kids (and 16:9 only. Sad trombone.).

So for now we'll have to do with this box and "season 6" ("The Lost Missions". If you live in Europe it's available in the German Amazon store). SO much value for money in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars star wars, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Clone Wars - Season 1-5 [DVD] (DVD)
bought for my son and grandson,both loved it,really enjoyed themselves,very good value for money,good to have the entire set ,fab

Star Wars Clone Wars - Season 1-5 [DVD]