4.0 out of 5 stars Review: The Accidental Time Traveller by Janis Mackay
There's a lot about Saul's disgruntled voice that will appeal to children of 8-12. His worries about whether or not he'll get a BMX for Christmas, his frustration with his twin baby sisters and his lacklustre attitude towards school all come across in a very realistic and relatable way.

And though I know little about Scotland, let alone Scotland in 1812,...
Published 14 months ago by Liberty Gilmore

3.0 out of 5 stars Time travellers
E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T. What a great book. It really makes u want to read more however I would recommend it for younger readers.
Published 1 month ago by Le grand fromage

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: The Accidental Time Traveller by Janis Mackay, 5 May 2013

And though I know little about Scotland, let alone Scotland in 1812, because Saul rings so true, it was easy to get swept up in believing Agatha's voice as well. The little details about life in the 19th century were interesting, and would no doubt be enough to send the more historically minded tweenager to their history books or Google to find out more.

In terms of story, it's a fairly predictable but sweet tale of friendship and realising that money isn't everything. There are some missed opportunities with outcast character Agnes, but otherwise it's a heartwarming tale and one that could be enjoyed by both parents and children.

I did keep hoping when I started a new chapter that this would be the one where Saul ends up back in 1812, but that never happened - another shame, as I would have been fascinated to see Agatha's world. But other than that, I really enjoyed the book and would recommend it to any younger fantasy fan.

Rating: 4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 27 Mar 2013
R. Sofair (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Accidental Time Traveller (Kelpies) (Kindle Edition)
I saw this book advertised in the publisher's catalogue (Floris Books), and it lloked like a book that would appeal to me, and having read it, I was not wrong!
I thought it was a nice story, and it was a book I wanted to carry on reading to see what happens next! It is also a story that makes me think about what I would do if I came across someone from the past, or if I went back to the past.
The book itself is set in December 2012 and March 2013, so is right up to date, and the fact that it is set in a real place in Scotland lends it a sense of reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most touching and brilliant book I have read in ages, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Accidental Time Traveller (Kelpies) (Kindle Edition)
This book is brilliant and really connects with you when you read it.You forget that anything else is happening as you are sucked into Saul and Agathas world.I recommend that you buy this book because the story and plot is one of the best.GO and buy it NOW!

3.0 out of 5 stars Time travellers, 1 Jun 2014