5.0 out of 5 stars OH BOY - This is brilliant
Oh boy...this is brilliant. I have had a passion for nutrition for 20 yrs and I have scoured literature, references, medical and nutritional literature. If this man has not got it right we are doomed. Take responsibility or st least live by his research and let the results speak for them selves. BARBARA NOLAN COLLINS
Published on 11 Mar. 2013 by Chris C.

3.0 out of 5 stars informative
Would have been better if David only summarised the fructose finding, rather than 1/3 of the book being a repeat of fructose.
Published 12 months ago by Allyd2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars OH BOY - This is brilliant, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Big Fat Lies: How the diet industry is making you sick, fat & poor (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 21 Jan. 2014
A lighter humoured, unbiased look at the darker side of modern nutrition and diet regimes. Great fun to read and very difficult to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth at last, 11 Feb. 2014
M. Sharrock "Fellman" (Wales) - See all my reviews
I've read a lot of the citations and am amazed the food industry has got away with it.
Don't just read the book. Follow up on the scientific papers - you will be horrified.
Also read Fat Chance - why we get fat, by Dr Robert Lustig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book...Very interesting!, 9 Feb. 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book and found it really understandable and through provoking. I do work in a health-related area but I've never really come across this straight to the point information with evidence to back it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Fat Lies, 25 Aug. 2013
I find it a great shame that one can't obtain this in book form in UK. I managed, through an Australian friend, to obtain a copy of The Sweet Poison Quit Plan, published by Penguin, Australia, which is so much easier to refer back and forwards. However, I will persevere! As a matter of interest, I have lost 19 lbs in weight since May! Maureen Hargrave.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book., 18 Jun. 2013
This is a book everybody should read. It is informative, illuminating and presented in a totally understandable way. He manages to combine statistics with humour which make it very readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an eye opener., 18 Jan. 2013
I have read many books on this subject.I found this to be one of the best. Why does the world not sit up and listen?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Jan. 2013
A real eye opener. A must read for anyone concious about what food should end up on their plate .

5.0 out of 5 stars this will change your life, 24 Feb. 2015
Having read the Sweet poison quit plan I had already given up fructose (and feeling great and slimmer for it after only a week), but now I will be seriously scrutinising the food I buy and eat for seed oils (sunflower, vegetable etc). It is a crime what the food industry is doing to us and I thank the author for highlighting it here for us. It is particularly galling to read that if sugar and seed oils were being introduced now into the food chain on a commercial basis, they probably would not pass food safety standards. It is an absolute disgrace and we should all be justifiably angry at those manufacturers who put money over health time and time again and trick us into thinking they are giving us healthy options.
To be healthy, lose weight (if you need to) and avoid as much as possible the 21st century diseases of diabetes (type 2), cancer, heart disease, strokes, dementia, do this:

1. Don't eat sugar (fruit is allowed as long as it is whole) unless it is glucose/dextrose (fructose is the one to avoid)
2. Do not drink sugar (milk, water, Lucozade original and most types of alcohol are fine)
3. Use butter, olive oil, coconut oil and animal fats in your diet- do not touch margarine and other vegetable oils-they are literally killing you. This so especially important for women who wish to have children some day as the level of polyunsaturated fat in the body can and does damage babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars fight your fat, 25 Mar. 2015
Yet another of this author's delightful informative nutrition books. He really is a brave man ! After urging us to quite correctly give up sugar,he now urges us to give up fats including dreaded seed oils. He produces valid reasons but never makes it boring. In fact it is rather like sitting down and having a one to one chat with him . The book is very informative and extremely helpful if you are in a quandary as to what to eat once you learn what you should not be eating. I truly wish I had been able to read this year's ago! If only doctors' surgeries had a library attached to them where people could get help with nutrition once they are diagnosed with such problems. David talks about eating healthy not just if you are trying to lose weight. I I may add that following his advice to shop around the " outside" of the supermarket ( where all the good natural foods are like veg,breads etc) that our weekly shopping bill has dropped dramatically and once again I am back in the kitchen enjoying some homemade ,wholesome foods instead of buying stuff with the awful added commercial muck! Do buy and read this book whatever age or sex you are!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›