5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING
Having read the China Study and watched Forks Over Knives, I just had to buy this book. Having been an avid meat eater and yo yo dieter for most of my adult life, I finally found the solution I've been searching for in following a whole food plant based diet.

Published 11 months ago by Dr G A Fischbacher

3.0 out of 5 stars China study cookbook
I loved 'The China Study' and bought the cook book, it's ok but all the measurements are american and it's hard to find some of the ingredients.
Published 3 months ago by Tilda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)

The recipes are great, tasty and wholesome. My whole family are now following this plan and we're all better for it. My kids enjoy helping me cook the foods and enjoy eating it too!!!

The book is divided into sections for easy to find meals for every time of day and/or occasion. It offers plenty of serving suggestions and nutritional information. Superb!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Beginner Cookbook for a Plant-Based Diet, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
The recipes in this book are based on the the findings and conclusions of 'The China Study.' It provides a huge selection of plant-based recipes, with ideas on how to transition to a plant-based diet. I have found this book to be very informative and helpful. With this information, I plan to gradually incorporate this lifestyle and recipes into my own.

The book offers over 120 recipes which are broken down into the following chapters:
Breads & Muffins
Breakfast Dishes
Appetizers & Salads
Soups
Sandwiches
Entrees
Side Dishes
Desserts

The recipes are simple to make and are delicious. I will admit that some of the attempts I made were a bit off, as I couldn't find an ingredient and the substitution I used didn't quite work out.

Just to note, for those in Ireland and/or UK, the book is written with US measurements and US vocab. Also, it lists some ingredients which I assume are more readily available in the US. However, as long as you are willing to take a little time beforehand to convert the measurements and find the right ingredients, you are in for a treat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Healthy-Eating Vegan Cook Book, 24 July 2013
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
I really enjoyed the China Study and couldn't wait for this cook book to come out! I bought two copies, one for me and one for my mum. We are both vegan and interested in healthy eating. There are lots of lovely recipes in here with great, full colour pictures and also a great intro with a Q&A section about raising vegan children that I found particularly interesting. I have made the Baked to Perfection Samosa's and the Blueberry Coffee Cake so far. Both came out great, especially the samosa's, they're a firm favourite now. It is an American cook book but then most Vegan ones are. I didn't find this a problem as I am up to date with all of the Americanisms now and they're only ever a quick google away! :)

I really recommend this book, it's lovely and I'm looking forward to making some more recipes from it. Only negative is that there are a couple of typo's and that's one of my pet hates!

3.0 out of 5 stars China study cookbook, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Healthy Cook Book Ever - China Study Cook Book!, 31 May 2013
This review is from: The China Study Cookbook: Over 120 Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes (Kindle Edition)
After reading the orignal China Study which was brilliant, I decided to purchase the Cook Book. It is amazing! I have hundreds of 'healthy' cook books as I have always been keen to follow a healthy diet. This book beats them all. The recipes are simple, really tasty and very healthy. I made the Lentil soup last night the recipe was for 4-6 servings, however it was so tasty my husband and I ate it all! I intend to purchase further copies for my Son and Daughter. In my opinion every kitchen should hold a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to eat - right now!, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
I've just bought this book and I want to make - and eat - everything in it! All the recipes are straightforward, with very few obscure ingredients (even for a UK reader), but they are put together in fresh ways that appeal to me as a vegetarian/vegan who likes to cook and loves to eat. I have shelves full of meat free/dairy free cookery books, and often the more nutritionally inspiring have ingredients lists a page long and no illustrations. This book, on the other hand, has enticing recipes, short ingredients lists and colour photographs throughout. Definitely a Banana Blueberry smoothie and Fettuccine with Broccoli and Cashew Sauce are on the menu for tomorrow. I don't even have to go shopping to gather the ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars The right way to live (food wise), 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
This book goes with the original book by Colin Campbell, full of very good ideas, well worth the money for a creative meal.

4.0 out of 5 stars US measurements let it down for UK-based readers, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
I just received this book - it looks fantastic. The recipes seems pretty straightforward and delicious (the photos are very tempting). I had read this on another review but hadn't really realised how much it mattered (I'm not a very experienced cook) - but this book is written with US measurements and quite a bit of US vocabulary (more than I had known existed). It isn't a huge problem but it is a bit annoying if you aren't quite sure what things are, or have to convert all the measurements. Other than that, I can't wait to cook some of the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars China study cookbook, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
Excellent the recipes I've made so far were really tasty will definitely make again I would definitely recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
I just got over a serious illness and wanted to change my diet. My wife cant cook so this was a great help (not for my wife, she still hasn't a clue but for my daughter who now does great things with boring food. Thank you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›