5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic story of space warfare and culture, 1 Oct 1999
By A Customer
This was a truly excellent book heavily tinted by Moon- who is, IMHO, one of the best writers ever... The characters are great, the plot flows along smoothly, always keeping you firmly in Moon/Mcaffery's universe, and the setting makes you both believe and think- yes, this could be real someday... All in all, this story, and the entire tilogy, are very, very worth reading!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series, weakest of the 3 books, 19 April 2010
The 3 book series is excellent and I really enjoyed them. That said, this is the weakest of the three books and I thought lost direction a bit (particularly the last third of the book). That said, it is still enjoyable and is definitely worth reading. Good enough to make you want to read the other two following books - which I found better. Definitely worth reading before the following two books and definitely worth reading as a book on its one merits.

Maybe my opinion is a bit coloured by the fact that I had just finished the Vatta's Series and all the Serrano series by Elizabeth Moon - which I found really excellent. The Planet Pirates Series is also strong, just the first books not quite as strong. I am trying to be slightly negative without wanting to put anybody off (which is difficult).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Start to a Great Series!, 14 Mar 2006
I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this, but the McCaffrey/Moon teaming is one of the best I have come across!
The book grabs your attention from the first page, and I was so glad that I had got all the books before I started, as I didn't want it to finish!
A fantastic read if you love these brilliant writers' style!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely entertaining read, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Sassinak (Planet Pirates Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Plenty of twists and turns keeping me reading. Thoroughly enjoying reading this one. Inspires some quite deep thoughts on reflection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci Fi Book, 1 Nov 2010
Dr. O. B. O'toole (Dunstable UK) - See all my reviews
This book is listed as the first in the series, but I think they got it wrong: it should be second after 'The Death of Sleep' I had already purchased the latter from a charity shop. The book is well written, but why did the author create such a huge gap in the history of the heroine: perhaps to create another book later? Nevertheless, a good series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Sassinak (Planet Pirates Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good 1st book in the trilogy

Sassinak (Planet Pirates Book 1)