5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product both as Tablet and as laptop
1. This product works very well for my use case. I travel for work often globally and need a laptop to hold at least 8- 10 hours of charge.
2. I need a product good with Office - Word and Excel and this does well on that front
3. As a tablet it is very light and even though it is the atom processor it works very well for me since i really don't play games...
Published 22 months ago by rivaldoisgod

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be brilliant without certain flaws.
Pros:

- Windows 8 is absolutely great with a touchscreen/tablet. With swift touch motions, it just feels so nice to use. The shortcuts and features are also easy to learn.
- The keyboard is good.
- The graphics are relatively good.
- It's quite fast for every day activities (e.g. browsing)
- Small and robust. Good for travel...
Published 16 months ago by Kurt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product both as Tablet and as laptop, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: HP ENVY X2 11-G000EA C0U47EA Intel® 1800 MHz 64 GB 2048 MB Flash Hard Drive HD GPU (Personal Computers)
In all very happy. Bought it for $ 749 in the US so got a very good deal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be brilliant without certain flaws., 20 Aug 2013
Pros:

- The keyboard is good.
- The graphics are relatively good.
- It's quite fast for every day activities (e.g. browsing)
- Small and robust. Good for travel.

Cons:

- Grouding/earthing problems. This seems to be a design/manufacturing flaw. If you try to use the touchscreen while not touching the sides, it will be unresponsive. This is an issue if you want to use the tablet on a surface instead of in your hands or on your lap. It's also an issue if the screen is docked and you want to use the touchscreen.
- Annoying touchpad. It has a tendency to be quite jumpy and I personally don't like the texture.
- Most of the space is already taken up by default. When I bought it, I had less than 30 GB of space left.

The first two issues drastically reduced the usability of the device for me even though I liked pretty much everything else so I returned it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The device Windows 8 was made for... at a price, 8 May 2013
Paul Russell (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I've had the envy now for a week and I would say that it's probably the best windows 8 convertible so far. All of the other atom-based convertibles seem to have their own particular issues, and the core-based models are just too big, heavy and noisy.

The dual core atom and built-in SSD keeps everything running smoothly while generating very little heat in normal use. The screen is not quite up there with the best apple has to offer, but it's bright enough and pleasant to use. The keyboard is also very good as is the touchpad, although I do miss not having backlighting. Battery life is excellent, realistically lasting a whole day with capacity to spare. Build quality is also excellent, and up there with the best I've seen. The tablet itself is very light, and I haven't noticed any appreciable difference in real-word use when holding it for extended periods between the Envy and my iPad 3.

The whole system has been very stable in use so far, with no system crashes or other issues. Windows 8 is also very usable, although no doubt it will get even better with the v8.1 update later in the year. I would bet that most people who complain about Windows 8 have either never used it on a touch-enabled device, which is what it was built for, or haven't actually taken a few minutes to learn the small number of gestures which are required to navigate the interface.

On the software side, the Windows store is understandably limited, but I'm sure that will improve over time. The various bundled Metro apps (Mail, People, News, etc.) all work reasonably well, and legacy Windows apps run fine in desktop mode. Unfortunately, Chrome on Windows 8 still has some issues with touch navigation, so I had to ditch it in favour of IE. Surprisingly, I haven't found myself missing Chrome. IE under Windows 8 is a very fast and capable browser, with great touch support.

So, why only 4 stars? Well, as good as it is, it's not perfect. The price for a start is far too high for the spec. In the US this model can be purchased from the Microsoft store for $599 (£370), less than half the price in the UK. Arguments about differences in taxation and exchange rates go out the window when you can (and I have) import this machine from the US, including VAT, for around £300 less than it can be bought in the UK! You also get the same warranty when the machine is registered with HP in the UK, so what exactly are you paying an extra £300 for? A UK power cable that can be purchased for a couple of pounds? Also, the 64GB hard drive is too small. Although the storage can be upgraded via SD and MicroSD cards, these are much slower (about 70% slower) than the integrated drive. There is also an HP recovery partition which takes up around 10GB of space, which I have yet to find a safe method of moving onto MicroSD. The USB ports are also limited to USB 2.0 speeds. Although this is a limitation of the Atom chipset, it's still substandard for a laptop in this price range.

There is also one technical issue I have encountered which, although it hasn't really bothered me, has been mentioned by several other users on-line and does appear to be a design fault. The tablet ceases to respond properly to touch in some screen areas if it is placed on certain surfaces, unless some part of your body is touching any metal part of the tablet or keyboard. In practice it hasn't really been an issue for me, and I only stumbled on it by chance, but it is worth mentioning.

So, overall, the Envy X2 is an excellent Windows 8 tablet that doubles as a very useable laptop, as long as you don't expect to be doing many processor-intensive tasks. It would get an unreserved recommendation from me if it wasn't for the incredibly inflated price tag here in the UK combined with only 64GB of internal storage. At the US price however, it's a bargain!

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy to use full Windows 8 tablet / PC hybrid, 14 Jan 2013
Mr. Jeff J. Smith (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought an HP Envy X2 from the HP Online Store just before Christmas and so I have had it for about three weeks now. My opinion is that it is well built, nicely designed and functions well.

What I like:

- the form factor: the detaching screen is excellent and feels very robust, but easy to use. The weight is light, and the tablet feels very comfortable in the hand. On the lap it tends to tip forward a little, but nothing too annoying
- the keyboard - I find it good to type on (but would have liked it backlit). The multi-touchpad works very well too.
- the screen - I find it bright and clear, and the touch works really well
- Windows 8 - I like it a lot. It combines ease of use for touch mode, with a full desktop PC facility too. I don't like Xbox Music much, it seems way to awkward and unreliable to use at the moment.
- the 2 SD card slots. I keep the screen slot loaded with a 64GB micro SD and have all my photos and documents on it, synced via SkyDrive
- All the applications that I have loaded (Apps or PC programs) work well. The exception is Google Earth that will not run in DirectX mode, but does run OK in OpenGL mode.
- Battery life - seems very reasonable

What could be better:

- A faster processor. Actually this doesn't really affect me, but I can see it churning if I try to edit a video. Everything I use is smooth, including the BBC iPlayer and Youtube.
- Solving a small issue with the multi-touch pad which stops understanding gestures after coming out of sleep. Not every time, but often. It is easily solved by detaching and re-attaching the keyboard, but it is annoying.
- A lower price. It is worth shopping around or waiting a while for the premium price to drop perhaps.

Summary: A good quality, versatile tablet / PC, which works very smoothly with Windows 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this laptop/tablet, 28 Jan 2013
This is a great laptop. The fact is doubles as a tablet is great for when the kids need something to do. The user interface is great, the screen delivers an excellent picture when watching movies and the battery life is so long it's great.
Only one very minor issue and that with windows 8 itself. I had an issue of it not shutting down but after some web browsing found out it was a driver problem. Installed new driver and all is well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a tablet cover, 13 April 2013
P. Chivers - See all my reviews
Bought one of these and keep falling into the trap of thinking it's a laptop with limited storage space. It's not. It's a dockable tablet with 64gb storage expandable to 128gb by adding a 64gb microSD card. I think it will also accept the up and coming 128gb micoSD card
It would be a good idea if someone could make a protective cover for the tablet when it is away from the keyboard being used as a tablet. I don't think that anyone who owns one of these would find it amusing if they dropped the tablet and damaged it. Manufacturers please note

4.0 out of 5 stars new to windows 8, 19 Feb 2013
I would have preferred tablet which could be attached to the keypad but still used as a tablet on the go. I am finding it hard to use but I am completely new to a tablet and windows 8. Hopeful it will get easier. I bought it from Curry but they were not enthusiastic or knowledgeable. Otherwise I am delighted with my new technology