on 8 September 2013
Gave this toy to my son to go with his brio set on his birthday. It worked for a few hours in the day and the would no longer turn on. I changed the battery in it and still doesn't work. He's very upset because it was his favourite toy of the day and I'm extremely disappointed with the train.
on 5 February 2014
He loves it, the rotating cement wagon and rocking coal wagon give added interest. Not only used on wooden track but with his cars etc. He has played with it more than expected, and original battery is still driving the engine.
on 7 January 2014
As with all Brio this is well made, colourful and has the added attraction of being battery driven. Grandson was delighted and soon wore down the battery but a good supply of these to go with it proved to be the answer!
on 5 May 2014
My 2 and a half year old loves this battery operated train engine. Lots of fun to attach other carriages that he had from other sets on to it. It's especially good that it goes in reverse too. Can climb up a bridge in the forward motion. The only downside is the battery goes flat relatively quickly. All in all - brilliant purchase.
on 10 November 2014
I bougtht this train set for my 2.5 years old son who adores all trains!!!! He just loved it! The only one problem that you need to change the batteries very often, as it only demands 1 x AAA battery and it doesn't last long. However, it doest cost the price! Our train just stopped working after several month and I wrote about my problem to the seller. I was amazed with the high service they provided for me! They send me the new battery train, even did not request the old one to send them back. Was very pleased with the service!
on 8 January 2014
Our young, three year old, Grandson loves playing with it. It was his favourite Christmas present. He ran out of batteries in two days.
on 21 January 2014
Brought the farm railway to life - great fun for all who played with it. Made us all smile a dream toy for a little one.
on 7 December 2013
It arrived on time in good condition and was just as described.It has great play value for youngsters for many years.
on 23 October 2014
After having used this item for over 6 months I have found the following.
Very slow - Children get completely bored waiting for the train to get around the track
Switch - This is a 3 position switch which in theory is good however when a child uses this they find it very difficult to get the middle position (off position) and therefore get frustrated and then adult gets frustrated having to constantly be turning the train off for them.
Battery - Seems use the battery up quite quick (maybe due to the above switch issue) and the light on the front is dull even using a full battery.
Build quality seems good
Got other trains (similar Thomas Tank engine models) and they are faster and more solid with better switch.
Height - I know that you are supposed to use this on brio track however it does fit alot of other tracks but the issue occurs when you get to tunnels and this train doesn't go under them as its too high (by about a 2 mm, at a guess) so very frustrating. Again others don't have this issue.
on 31 December 2013
My 3 year old loves this train even though it goes very slow. Batteries go very quickly but then he had it on all the time.