5.0 out of 5 stars Great train
Published 17 months ago by RainDrops

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
It doesn't work, have tried several new batteries and it still doesn't work will be returning it.
Published 7 months ago by katharine Tracey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great train, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
I ordered the red and green one, for my 2 & 4 yr old boys for Christmas. I couldn't wait to see them in action so I unpacked one for a test run. Its brilliant fun, moves at a steady pace, can take 4 carriages up hills no problem, possibly more, but only tried 4. Tried tight bends and wider bends and found no problem on either. It reverses fine on straight track, but didn't manage it around bends or up hills. Control buttons are easy to use, one for forwards, one for reverse and one for stop. You can switch it off and use it as a normal push along train. I got rechargable AAA batteries for them. I was surprised at how big the train itself was, didn't think it'd even fit on the track at first, but it does. Its quite noisy, although a review said it was quieter than other ones, I wouldn't like to have heard them. All in all brilliant trains and I can't wait for them to see them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with it, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
Bought this after a disappointing experience with a cheaper BigJigs engine which basically wasn't fit for purpose. Very pleased with it, and more importantly so is our 2 year old. Nice big controls for little hands, solidly built, and the sound effects and lights are a bonus.

Minor downsides: it doesn't go backwards very well - tends to derail. And it eats batteries, or perhaps it's the cheap batteries we use. Now that we seem to have a few battery-operated toys I think I'll invest in a charger and a set of decent rechargeable AAAs. Some people have commented that it tends to derail/get stuck on tight corners because of its size - I've noticed this a bit on *really* tight corners but not much.

It also comes in red; we got the green one for no particular reason other than we liked the look of it. I'm sure either would be fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars The loco itself is excellent, if a little battery-hungry, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
The loco itself is excellent, if a little battery-hungry. It pulls very well and is noticeably faster than the smaller Brio engines. Easy to manage Forward-Stop-Reverse buttons and the 2 headlights give a nice effect through darker places. My one complaint is the nuisance of changing batteries which requires seemingly endless turns of the screwdriver, the only reason I do not give it full marks of 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old loves it, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
He is delighted so I am too. It is well made, buttons easy for small hands. It has been stood on more than a few times but seems to be very robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy little engine, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
sturdy little engine, on Bigjigs and similar track, can pull several carriages and manage a bridge. The more it pulls the quicker batteries are depleted but that is a good excuse to have a second train, one to push, just like real life. Does struggle with very tight turns as it is slightly longer and more powerful in order to do what it does, and the dropped magnet at the rear needs a bit of assistance if engine is put into reverse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but eats batteries, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old as I was tired of pushing his brio train round the track for him. It's quite good for the most part although there are two issues. 1) It struggles with tight corners and can fall off the track easily.

2) It eats batteries so I'd strongly recommend using rechargeables.

The sound effects are a bit strange too - one of them sounds like a cow!

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 29 Aug. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Trains for wooden table, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
These are excellent and just what I wanted for the Brio train table I bought for my grand kids to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Engine, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
Grandson loves it - especially as it can pull the extra carriages. Money well spent as this goes round corners well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brio Action Locomotives, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: BRIO Rail Big Green Action Locomotive Train (Toy)
These two engines were a Christmas present for our 3-yr-old grandchildren's Brio type railway system - they absolutely loved them!