5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes
My husband review:

Great shoes. Good fit, very light and confortable. Fantastic on mud, rain (they're not waterproof), rocks, sandy terrains, even trails full of plants, A new Brooks fan.
Published 6 months ago by cris

3.0 out of 5 stars very red!
Published 6 months ago by iagteyh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 7 Feb 2014
My husband review:

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cross-over shoe, but..., 9 Nov 2013
These are some of the best running shoes I have ever owned. They handle road, trail and off-road easily and competently as long as you don't expect them to be good on really muddy ground. HOWEVER, I do have one big issue with them ~ and that is that they are poor on wet rock. In fact I would say they are verging on dangerous at times with the almost non-existent level of grip when you need it.

If you can run without hitting wet rock, then they are superb, but if your run included this, then look elsewhere.

One last thing ~ I have the red ones, and they are very red indeed. That's not a bad thing, just an observation as I have had people commenting on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 July 2013
I chose brooks as have been using their road running shoes for a little while and overall impressed with comfort and fit. These are no exception, the 10K I used them on was a mix of XC and road and these handed the road sections well and did not feel too 'unspringy'. Top banana

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great Shoe, 22 May 2013
Ralf "R. Linka" (Cape Town, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This must be simply one of the best trail shoes I have ever owned! This baby eats up technical single trails and rugged downhill slopes with ease. The brooks impact DNA feels like you are running barefoot over soft moss. Only gripe I have is that at this size the shoe seems a tad wide. You can partially fix this with lacing obviously but one size down fit snug as a glove with only the length being an issue. Going one size up to accommodate needed length widens the footbed to a degree where it is almost too loose. With my footsize this is a common problem though and the Cascadia still has enough bang here to get me excited. If you are serious about your trails you need this shoe, period.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slippery when wet, 5 May 2014
I read a review in which somebody wrote these shoes make you feel like you are running barefoot on soft moss. They do a bit.

There is another reviewer who mentioned that these shoes struggle on wet rock. I use them for cross-country so it isn't a big problem but I do agree that they lose traction on wet rock/concrete/tarmac.

My main concern, however, is that I have suffered knee pain and shin splints since using these. I still use my old, cheap running shoes for road running, which might explain the shin splints. But my knee has been bad since Christmas, after running in these for 5km cross-country, on a soggy day.

The shoes might not be responsible for my knee injury, but the slippery-when-wet feature is defo for real.

3.0 out of 5 stars very red!, 16 Feb 2014
Generally quite decent, but the stitching over my big big toenails went within a couple of weeks (these are my everyday shoes, because I walk a lot on the wild side.. but need a trainer). They also seem to overheat and tend to smell, but this is the first synthetic trainer I've had for years.. hoping things might be different.. but, I do get the feeling they're designed with constantly being in motion in mind (ventilation).. I've got moderately splaying-out feet, and these fit well about half a size lower (14UK)... but my opinions are based on putting them through day to day use.

5.0 out of 5 stars wery soft run, 25 Mar 2013
wery soft feel for my wide feed.
I bouth them according rewie from the running magazine - they are best running shoes for this spring