5.0 out of 5 stars brooks ghost
Published 14 months ago by Richard Dunn

I've ran in brooks ghost since I started running. I've worn my way through two ghost 4 pairs, three ghost 5 pairs and I've now moved up to the ghost 6. Getting through shoes so quickly price is more important than colour which is why I ended up with the seemingly flash-Gordon inspired silver/red/yellow when I'd have much preferred the other colour.

Anyway, the...
Published 14 months ago by Parky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brooks ghost, 14 Feb. 2014
I've used brooks for over a year now, ghost 5 has been fantastic, used for road runs 30-50 miles per week. loss of tread mid section after about 4 months but still great for ground impact as the cushioning is very good. I've not had any issues with feet swelling and they breath well, although on wet days( and we've had a lot this winter!) you have to just put up with wet socks. Just changing now to ghost 6.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, as expected, but quality seems to have got worse over time, 21 Feb. 2014

Anyway, the shoes are great and I won't be looking at another brand just yet my overall feeling of difference for these over the 5s is that they are so much lighter. Other than that it's still the great shoe it always was. My only gripe is that with these shoes and none previous there are noticeable manufacturing type artefacts. Glue is smeared over the joins between the grip and the sole and the stitching quite messy. It won't bother me to run in but when your buying a £100+ shoe I'd expect better quality and I hope it's not a sign of brooks letting standards slip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 10 Aug. 2014
My last pair of running shoes were the Brooks Ghost 5, which I used for about one year and was very pleased with. Rather than spend high street prices for a new pair, I ordered these in the same size as my Ghost 5s, and the fit is indeed excellent. I find the new model has a softer feel and more cushioning than the old one. I suspected my old pair was getting worn out after about 400 km use, as I was experiencing various pains when running. Since switching to the new pair I have had no such pains. While I cannot swear the reason is not just that I also ran less for a while, I am very happy with my purchase of the Brooks Ghost 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars The trusty Ghost, 16 Mar. 2014
G. Darroch (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
These were a direct replacement for my last pair of Ghosts. No other shoe runs it close for comfort, balance and support. The protection around the heel is especially good: I had severe Achilles problems a couple of years ago that almost forced me to quit, but since switching to Brooks shoes they've barely troubled me. The only minor quibble I'd have is that the sole wears out faster than other shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect feet roll, 17 Sept. 2013
I wanted a replacement for my "old" Brooks Glycerin 6 shoes.

These Ghost 6 feel like a little bit heavier but not so much.
On the other way, the "feet roll" is way better. It's like having springs on your feet ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Nov. 2014
After several months running twice a week I can confidently recommend these shoes. I have used them on a variety of surfaces from dry and hard to wet and spongy, rough trail and smooth track and find the grip to give no trouble whatsoever. They are light, comfortable, especially the padded tongue, and the sole gives good support and 'feel'. Once on your feet you just want to start moving! Only negative is that the sole does wear fairly quickly however for a specialist activity shoe this is acceptable rate of wear, just don't use them as an everyday trainer is my advice for sole longevity. They arrived quickly enough after ordering and are good value, more than fit for purpose. If in doubt give them a go!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit, 15 May 2014
Pleased with this shoe, plenty of cushioning, no chaffing anywhere, bit garish in colour.
They are a tight fit for a size 8 maybe I should of got an eight and a half.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking running shoe, 22 Aug. 2014
This is my second pair of these. They fit exceptionally are well put together and have all the support and cushioning I need and at just under £70 when I bought this pair they are an absolute bargain. I got a little under 450 miles out of mine before the cusioning was compacted and the sole worn out (heel and toe), which isn't too shabby at all.

Should be noted that these have now been replaced by the Ghost 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Great neutral running shoes, 22 Jun. 2014
I used the Brooks Ghost series for many years now; they're great shoes for a neutral runner and the 6 is very comfortable. I was originally advised to but half a size above what I would normally wear and have continued to do this to get a good fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good running shoes, 19 Jun. 2014
I bought this after reading review. It is a pair of good running shoes, with good cushion. Only one point to remind, this is for neutral feet, it doesn't have support for stability.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›