4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read
Published 22 months ago by Jaz-zing

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow start
There were lots of things I liked about this book. It read well, the personalities of the mature lovers were developed, their back stories convincing and the hero is a small town bookshop owner rather than an implausibly rich businessman. However, it was very slow to get started. While I prefer romances that don't have a sex scene on every page, I felt that the sexual...
Published 7 months ago by Chloe M

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 7 Oct 2012
This was a good read with two solid main characters. Each grieving in their own way, this story is a sweet romance showing how two broken people can fix themselves with some bdsm to boot. Unlike many other books on bdsm this one goes into emotional depth, the bdsm theme is really a back plot which brings the characters together and I loved the details that Sallinger bought in showing that bdsm isnt just about physical pain. If you love this one I also recommend Charlotte Stein.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive and well written, 18 Sep 2012
I have read a few BDSM books, but this one was different. There was some BDSM, but it was light. The main story is about Evan and Claire who both have difficult pasts and need to come to terms with them and move on;
The writing was very good and at one point I was in tears.
Really enjoyed this book and will look out for other books by the same author

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 2 Oct 2012
I quite liked this book, read it in a day. I loved bridget she was rather open, broad-minded and amusing.Claire was a complex and interesting person that definately wished to explore new ways of sex with pain. Evan I found a bit confusing in parts as he is a very strong dominant person through the book and he starts calling claire " little one " almost like conforting a child,which I found odd since it was supposed to be a dom sub relationship, but generally the story was entertaining, sexy and steamy.
Worth the money and I would read more of her books in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book clubs never been so good, 7 Feb 2014
Missd (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
Claire decides to join a book club after the break down of a ten year relationship so she can get out of the house and meet new people, Evan owns the book store and when he see's Claire he can't help his body's reaction to her but he hates it because he is still very much in love with his wife and Sub who died of cancer. When he see's Claire reading from the BDSM section he realises she is a novice and try's to help her out with her reading material and in the end offers to be her Dom so she can feel safe while learning about it all but it does not go smoothly. I liked this book, it has a great story line and i liked the characters. Defiantly worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable book, 24 Sep 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book, downloaded it on sunday finished it monday lol, it has some naughty bits in, but it has a good story also

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 19 April 2014
Very tantalising, and very well wrote, loved reading it and couldn't put it down till I finished the whole book. BRILLIANT

2.0 out of 5 stars awakening book, 4 April 2014
I had this book in my wish list for very long time
I can't make myself to ready and I don't been wrong. First half of the book is boring, second half a bit better but still not what I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awakening, 10 Mar 2014
This was a good story although I found it rather slow and drawn out some of the time, but I enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 5 Mar 2014
Brilliant read and excellently captured the feelings of both Evan and Claire. Gripping and imaginative, can't wait for the next book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 24 Feb 2014
This book had me on the edge the whole way through. The story builds in tension to the point that you're as near to bursting as Claire. I'll be looking for more of Elene Sallinger' s work.