5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! =)
Sofia is taken from the beach on her seventeenth birthday by a vampire called Lucas. Sofia is taken to an island that houses the biggest vampire coven. She is chosen out of hundreds to join the prince, Derek’s harem.

Published 18 months ago by Ashton Williams-Shone

3.0 out of 5 stars A Shade of Vampire
I kept seeing A Shade of Vampire around the Internet and bought a 77p Kindle copy a while ago. I read it recently at the insistence of my friend who's making her way through the series, and I was pleasantly surprised by this short, vampiric novel that I admittedly had low expectations of. Bella Forrest, while not necessarily doing anything radically new or different,...
Published 5 days ago by Jenny, Wondrous Reads

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! =), 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)

Holy Moses, I completely loved A Shade of Vampire. The plot was amazing and different to anything I’ve read in the past. Forrest is a genius, her writing style left me speechless and she had me sucked in from the start.

Sofia didn’t leave a good impression at first, at least not for me but she soon grew on me. Especially her stunt once introduced to Derek with Gwen. She’s been through a lot but still keeps her strength and her determination to escape gave me high hopes for her.

Derek Novak was completely different than I expected! I thought I’d hate him and he’d be a heartless monster, pretty much like Lucas, his brother but he wasn’t like that at all. He wasn’t an arrogant jerk but a man trying to do what’s right.

The Shade was a thing of beauty, the pavilion, my god in my head it looked completely brilliant! Imagine a network of houses all built in the trees, spectacular. And the safety measures in place to keep the vampires protected from the world outside was awesome!

Overall I completely loved A Shade of Vampire and I’m eager to read the next book in the series, A Shade of Blood. I’d really recommend reading this if you a paranormal/vampire fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 5 April 2014
Yvonne Lee (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
Vampire stories are not generally my thing. However, this book was recommended by someone who's opinion I trust, so I got a copy. I'm so glad I did. I tend not to do a book synopsis, as a books blurb explains the basic story; as do other reviewers. I like to give my own personal opinion, and in the case of this book...SUPERB!
The book is written in first person, which took me a while to get into. But once I did, I was on a roll.
The author also separated the two main characters, Sofia and Derek into separate chapters, which enables the reader to see each point of view, and get a greater insight into their thoughts.
For me, Sofia the main character had the right mix of vulnerability and strength. While Derek, was gorgeous, even though he was a vampire. I liked the fact he tried to hold on to his humanity.
As this is book one of a series, I did feel their relationship moved a little fast, and could have been developed more slowly in the ensuing books. Also it did end a little abruptly, but it seems the next book in the series is way longer.
This is not a genre I would normally bother to read. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it,which is a credit to Bella Forrest's writing; especially as this is her debut novel.
This book was clean, exciting and fast moving. I look forward to trying the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't sure at first, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book only because it was advertised on Facebook and I had just finished reading a book and didn't know what to read next.
I found my self lost in this world and didn't want to put the book down, if you like this type of book than please read this book and hopefully you will get lost too. I'm just about to download the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Shade of Vampire - A Potential Treat for the New Year, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
The current trend on vampire books leaves a lot to be desired, with so many being pumped out that eventually, there is no real content, just re-writes of other pieces. This book WAS NOT one of those books.

The characters were given depth and charisma, the romance given depth and there is the possibility for sequels without going over the top. This book has everything I could have wanted from a vampire novel - suspense, fear, romance and an element of uncertainty at how things will turn out for both Sofia and the Novaks.

Five out of five!

5.0 out of 5 stars a shade of vampire, 8 July 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
This book is definitely a recommended read! Had me gripped start to end . I think it balanced the right amount of love interest with action and can't. Wait to see what transpires between the brothers and Sofia ! Can't wait to read the rest of the series. Definitely one of the best vampire books I've read in a while !!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Shade of Vampire Review, 15 Oct. 2014
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
What can I say about this book? It was utterly enticing. It was a book that captured my attention from the very beginning. The chemistry between Sofia and Derek is amazing, the development of their romance fascinating and beautiful.
The character development within the book is written and created really well and as the climax of the story builds, the more character development we see.

Forrest has done an excellent job of writing a story so different that is leaves the reader begging for more by the end. The plot so well constructed that it surprised me by the levels at which Forrest had creatively taken this book to.

With so many amazing things, I find I can't wait to read the rest of Forrest's series and hopefully find that her other books are just as enticing, as well written and as well constructed as this one has been.

A Shade of Vampire is one of the best books I've read and is a book you Must Read Before You Die!!
A well written book by an amazingly talented author!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Note* This book was given to me by the author (Bella Forrest) as an ARC over a year ago. It has taken me a long time to finally post this review and I want to apologise hugely to Bella for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bloody good read!, 27 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant characters and story. I love hating Lucas and watching the relationships develop between the lead characters. Can't put it down! On to read book two! Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 19 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
couldnt take my eyes of the book i read it in two nights i would recommend this to any one .

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
OMG!!!! This book is brilliant!

I am in love with vampires, hmm after Edward Cullen, Salvatore Brothers :) They ruined me for good!
This book had everything and I was gripped from the start to the end. The moment Sofia meet Derek, am gone! Intense connection they had :) *swoons*
N Derek is such a swoon-worthy vampire.
Can't wait for more for these two! If you loved Twilight, grab this book. It is fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire greats, 30 May 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire (Kindle Edition)
I have read many vampire novels including all the sukie stackhouse novels but this book is up with the best.

A Shade of Vampire