on 28 June 2013
I chose this rating because my granddaughter loves it. The leapfrog system allows her to read the book on her own, using the pen or to practise reading the book without the pen with her mum. Being able to read it on her own means she can sit quietly in her bedroom with the book without being disturbed by her baby sister. We bought the book for her birthday in May but she has been using Leapfrog since she was bought the system by her aunt and uncle for Christmas and the battery being used in the pen is the original battery from then. The system and the books have more than met our expectations because she uses it a lot.
on 23 January 2014
Wow what can I say except that I am very pleased in seeing how my kids are improving in their basic intellectual and learning skills and learning about what is going on around them and within them selves. I am a big fan of LeapFrog
LeapReader. My one major dislike about leapfrog products is the music, I wish they would make more of these products without music. Without a doubt this distracts the kids by them not focusing properly on the tasks at hand, and this is not a constructive way to educate children. I truly believe that it would be more effective in teaching children without music.
on 19 December 2013
Amazing how his skills improved of painting and avoiding going over the black lines because he wanted to make a good job of painting his favourite subject of dinosaurs! Pictures clearly marked with the numbers of the colour to use and enough paint supplied to complete the pictures. A few hours of concentrated enjoyment on his part and no doubt Nana will end up buying more of this range if he has his way :)
on 20 January 2015
Great product. Bought this for my young 4 year old who started school in September. I wanted something that would give him additional support (I also bought the writing one and solar system) the dinosaur one was more for fun. But its educational too and the games also help distinguish between the different dinosaurs. I think he's still a little young to understand all of it but he still enjoys it and im sure will only get better. I think its worth the money and a great product for learning without being boring. Arrived quickly and packaged well!
on 21 September 2013
My 4 year old loves this book. The leap reader is great as it holds my sons attention and is interactive. Reading and colouring is not his thing, especially if I am not there to encourage, however, this reader and book has really encouraged him, espacially as he is only just getting into the dinasaur world. Suitable for a 4 year old who is not reading and cant see him growing out of it anytime soon, equally, I'm sure it would also hold an older childs attention too!
on 15 January 2016
The things my 4 year old knows about dinosaurs puts me to shame. This is brilliant. He plays with this book and the other interactive ones almost daily. It has a good mix of information pitched at the right level and the games and quizes keep him going back for more. The games are 1 or 2 player so he gets to embarrass daddy in front of his friends!
on 27 January 2016
This is the best Leapreader book we have. My son is crazy about it. He has just turned 5 and loves doing all the games in the book. He adores the cards and the game you can play with them. It's so educational and he has learned all about the different time periods (Triassic etc) and a whole new vocab. To be honest I've learned lots too!
on 2 June 2013
My son who is 5 loves this book, he keeps amazing me with great dinosaur facts. Great educational product seems a little pricy but the book contains a lot of interesting facts and games so I can see why.
on 30 July 2015
My stepdaughter is a big dinosaur fan and loves this book. It has lots of fun factual information for them and lots of interactive games for them to play. Would recommend to a friend.
on 2 December 2013
My son has a few of these Tag books and likes to read through them before bed. I think this is one of his favourites - can't really go wrong with dinosaurs for a 7 year old boy!