5.0 out of 5 stars sub sports cold leggings-awesomeness.
Excellent pair of leggings, excellent in cold but even in warm weather I dont over heat in them. I wear them for running out doors, weights in th gym, and for grappling. I'm 5'11", 83kg, and 33" waist, I puchased the medium which are a snug but good fit. Tall/people with big thighs should probably get large. Will definitely buy another pair soon.
Published 12 months ago by Gary

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, just not great
I've been a convert to compression since February 2011 when I purchased my first pair of tights and have purchased a few different compression brands since; addidas, dakine, nike, under armour, and now Sub sports, so I hope that I offer an informed opinion.

Published on 14 Jan 2012 by RunningLyons

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, just not great, 14 Jan 2012

I needed an additional pair of cold tights for winter running whilst my Under Armour cold gear tights were in the wash so I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a pair of Sub Sports purely due to the price.

So what's the verdict? Generally good but not without faults.

Firstly the bad:-
The sizing seems slightly off. I'm 5'10 with a 34 waist and about 31" in the leg but the legs are really long (the model wearing the prototype must have been a giraffe?.) I purchased a medium size and as such I have to fold the extra material in the legs under at the bottom. Its not the end of the world but it does irritate me when I put them on. The ankles around the seams were incredibly tight too when I first put them on. I struggled to get my feet through them initially but are ok now. Finally, the elasticity in the waist band isn't great compared with my other tights and this does make them feel inferior in quality. Only time will tell if the elastic holds true.

The compression element of the tights doesn't blow me away. It's by no means bad but just not as good as others. Skins and Under Armour versions definitely have the upperhand here, but then again they are more expensive so I have taken this into account.

There are positives though.
I've been out for about 10+ runs in them now in all conditions. In windy conditions these tights have kept my legs warm and I've felt no wind chill at all, definitely a plus for me. They wick moisture away from the skin effectively too without leaving you feeling cold too. I'm also glad to report that I've not had any issues with 'pinching' seams as others have reported. All in all they are very comfortable to wear and you forget that you're wearing them after a while which is also a good sign. I think these would be ideally suited as a base layer under salopettes for skiing or boarding.

Would I buy another pair though........If the compression was slightly better and the sizing issues were sorted out then they'd get full marks and I'd probably buy again. As it stands right now, I think I'd spend a little bit extra and opt for a pair of Skins or Under Armour.

I love a good bargain and really wanted these to be brilliant so that I justify buying another pair at this price but they're not. They are good just not great!
I think 3* is about right.

5.0 out of 5 stars sub sports cold leggings-awesomeness., 22 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Great Value, 14 Mar 2011
Mr. G. Toal - See all my reviews
Fantastic. Have no hesitation in buying sub Armour products again. Very similar quality to under armour at much better prices. Very prompt delivery also

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Mar 2012
Item as described and my son is quite happy with the product, comfortable, warm and supported. Good value for money. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite perfect but not far off, 20 Nov 2013
I was after another pair of compression tights for when my 2XU ones were in the wash. Thought I would give these ago as they were about a third of the price of the 2XU.

They are lovely and warm and look really good too. My only complaints are that they are slightly too long (I'm 6ft exactly and bought the medium just needed 2 inches off the legs) and that they are slightly loose behind my knees and around the hips but not too bad. The 2XU fit perfectly but at three times the price I think these are a better bet from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sub Cold Leggings., 4 Feb 2013
Good quality,good price and fast delivery.

Bought a medium size and they fit perfect ( 32"-30").
Sport and as a base layer.....Out walking in the snow the other day,perfect kepted me fine and warm....

5.0 out of 5 stars no frills excellent value for momey, 6 Feb 2013
these are perfect for winter running or for use under a Tri suit for winter duathlons
No frills but well made and very good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the winter, 30 Jan 2013
I've used these as a base layer for winter sailing and skiing. Definitely keep your legs warm. Very stretchy and skin tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 Jan 2013
Used under my trousers for hiking in snow, perfect for cold, wet conditions. Fitted well.

I would def buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy & warm, 27 Jan 2013
Bought these for my road bike during the cold winter months.Worn these leggings during freezing conditions the difference was incredible.Would recommend these legging for anyone for winter sports