on 20 January 2013
As ever QT has put some amazing music together (from an equally amazing film) such as James Brown/2Pac or Elisa Toffoli. Also some great spaghetti western music ... Only problem with the OST release is that some of the best music is missing e.g. the amazing moment at the end if the big gun fight scene where Richie Havens' 'Freedom' kicks in has been missed off the soundtrack release.
It's like missing 'stuck in the middle with you' off the Reservoir Dogs OST!

So ... The Songs in "Django Unchained" Not Featured On The Soundtrack CD
"Freedom" - Richie Havens
"Ain't No Grave (Black Opium Remix)" - Johnny Cash
"Dopo la congiura" - Ennio Morricone
"ODE TO DJANGO (The D is silent)" -- RZA
44 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2013
Tarantino has done it again. I absolutely loved the film Django Unchained and I think the soundtrack is excellent. It is perfectly matched to the film, just as the soundtrack to Pulp Fiction was. I decided to watch the original film Django first, so the title track had already grown on me. I don't think there is a bad track, but my favourite tracks are Django, Freedom, Who did that to you, and the last track. I'm absolutely delighted with this cd.
on 18 March 2013
Odd mix of music but good as a reminder if you have watched the film (which is brilliant). The language is explicit in places but there are a couple of great tracks
on 11 September 2013
Django is Unchained and so should you be listening to an interesting selection of music from the master of blood and guts, Quentin Tarantino.
on 21 July 2013
Well, what can i say? I loved the movie, another gem from the master Tarantino. The soundtrack blew me away, so i bought the cd and i don't regret it. If you loved the movie if you enjoyed the awesome soundtrack, then you need to have this one.
on 20 March 2014
This is a superb soundtrack to what was a fantastic film but this is not a complete soundtrack to the film so beware if you are expecting everything...but well worth a punt on..
on 23 February 2016
As atmospheric and bonkers as the film! As with all Tarantino epics, I love that he uses old scores. It adds something really unique. (To the reviewer who said that he could hear the needle of the record go down, and therefore said that this version of the score was obviously a cheap knock-off...err, no. This is the style of Tarantino soundtracks! Also to the reviewer saying that the fantastic 'Freedom' was absent, I think it's track 6.) Like some people I'm not a fan of clips of the film being used in between the music, but I just delete these off my tablet and stick to the tracks I like. All in all a good fun soundtrack!
on 4 February 2013
Great soundtrack, probably Tarantino's finest so far -but I notice that Amazon only lists 23 tracks -according to the track listing on the CD sleeve, there should be 24. Track 24 -'Ode To Django' -is mysteriously absent, even though it is named as track 24 on the CD sleeve and is available for download as part of this album on 'Amazon'.

Can any helpful person explain why this is? I imagined I'd been unlucky and just been sent a dud copy, but now I'm wondering if some weird copyright law blocked the inclusion of the track on the album's UK release...
on 8 December 2013
Excellent soundtrack, has some excellent tracks on here from numerous artists. Tarantino once again has produced a phenomenal soundtrack, which gives a real feel for the movie each time you listen to it. There is an excellent remix of a James Brown track on this. My only dissapointment was that they did not include the Johnny Cash track "Ain't no grave", on the soundtrack, despite the fact that this featured in the film.

Definitely get this for your collection!
on 19 June 2013
Another great Tarantino album. Less of a soundtrack more of a compilation album as always, this time it has a distinct western flavour. Plenty of Ennio Morricone. Plenty of obscure gems, a dash of crooning, some country, contemporary hiphop, and a tupac/james brown mashup. Something for everyone's ears if they love an eclectic selection. Great music.