4.0 out of 5 stars Magical Hackett
I admit that I approached this album with some trepidation as the original Genesis tracks are wonderful in themselves.
However, I was more than pleasantly surprised by the treatment administered by Mr. Hackett.
To be honest, Steve should think twice about performing lead vocals on any song (sorry Steve), but his instrumental work and rearrangements of classic...
Published on 28 Sept. 2003 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Considering how much you'd pay...
...to see a Genesis tribute band - of which there are increasingly more and more - this is not such a bad investment. Because they are songs that Hackett contributed to it's fair game for him to take them to new places, the only pity is that he hasn't taken them further left field than he has.

This isn't a lukewarm review from a Genesis fan outraged that he's...
Published on 20 Dec. 2009 by Jonas Goodman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as listening to Genesis, 21 Oct. 2013
There are some good bits and some not so. I could not help comparing to Genesis tracks and each time the original track was the victor. Don't get me wrong, there was some nice pieces of music but I felt that none of the original tracks were improved on. Sorry. I kept asking myself the motive for the album and did not come up with any answers, other than maybe to improve sales. I would have much preferred to hear those new musical innovations included as part of an original Steve Hackett album rather than what some might class a tribute album - and probably then listen to them more often. Would I recommend? No, not to a Genesis fan, as I would suggest if you want to listen to Genesis then just listen to Genesis. I will listen to this again but given time I am sure this will not get the same airtime as the treasured originals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer the Original, 20 Jun. 2013
Good try to give new life to a truly sensational set of tracks, though it does have a different twist. Lets face it but you can't better Peter G.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real must for all Genesis fans!, 14 Jan. 2000
By A Customer
Steve Hackett does a great job of re-inventing his past with this fantastic re-working of Genesis material. Be assured that this is no copy of boring old standards but is a new slant on some absolute classics, (the Fifth of Firth sounds better now that it starts with a musical box!). Steve even finds time to slip in some new/old Genesis material never heard before. The only dodgy track is Your Own Special Way which now sounds a bit Michael Ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 16 Dec. 2012
Paul Green "greenman blues" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Genesis Revisited (Audio CD)
This album is a great re-visitation of some of Genesis's memorable tracks taken from a new perspective. Well worth a listen

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Mar. 2015
great

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug. 2014
Steve Hackett at his best

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is one of my favourite Hackett albums, 27 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Genesis Revisited (Audio CD)
This album might not be an original song one but it is one of my favourite Hackett albums because back in 1996 Hackett got enough courage to revisit Genesis old catalogue to re-record some beautiful Genesis songs. Thanks Steve

4.0 out of 5 stars CD, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Genesis Revisited (Audio CD)
For an old hairy Genesis fan who remembers going to gigs when Gabriel was still with them this is great, although it has taken some time to appreciate some of the re-workings. Now looking forward to getting Revisted ll.

4.0 out of 5 stars for my brother, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Genesis Revisited I (Re-Issue 2013) (Audio CD)
bought this for my brother for Christmas,have listened to a few tracks myself and it sounded good. My bro hasn't even got it yet as I wont see him till end of January lol

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Genesis Revisited (Audio CD)
Took a bit of getting used to - kept thinking that's not Gabriel's voice! Would still recommend though and look forward to seeing Hackett perform again.

Genesis Revisited I (Re-Issue 2013)
Genesis Revisited I (Re-Issue 2013) by Steve Hackett (Audio CD - 2013)