Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£2.76

VINE VOICEon 17 December 2012
Following what - in my opinion - was a lacklustre remix album, this out-of-the-blue surprise EP is its stark contrast. While it mightn't be long (indeed Soup is a kind of glueing filler) it's perfect from start to finish. The moody opener Wizard Motor has to be the opener for any future Mogwai shows.
The Huts has a nice kind of lost-in-the-woods feel about it and The Messiah Needs Watching spookily sees us out.

It doesn't cost much and barely last 15 minutes, but we have the important factor here: quality.
on 10 January 2013
this EP is like a great short story...it gives you plenty of enjoyment but leaves you wanting just a little more. i don't mean that in a bad way...i just didn't want it to end.
'the huts' is the real stand out track for me. puts me in mind of the cure around 1980 (carnage visors is still strong in my head).
mogwai pack more into four tunes than most bands can on a couple of albums.
on 8 December 2013
The series captivated me, a sort of sophisticated Twin Peaks, but without US schmaltz.

It was such a good move to get Mogwai to do the soundtrack and this does not disappoint