4.0 out of 5 stars Not So bad
I really was not sure if i should buy this product after reading these reviews, i looked at reviews elsewhere and found most not so bad. Having received it last week i felt i need to redress some of the comments here.
Published 18 months ago by Dean

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure
Cheap price for product / reasonably easy set up with some problems along the way / turn your TV into a smart TV of sorts
Published 12 months ago by John Hogan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not So bad, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Zoostorm 3305-1111 Play Internet TV Box (1GB DDR RAM, 4GB, Android 4.0) (Personal Computers)
I think this is an excellent device - it does, as they say, what it says on the tin! Sure the remote is clunky, I use a remote mouse and the on screen key board, much, much easier. Sure the manual is basic, but its sufficient.
I have a layman's knowledge of computers, but anyone with the same or who owns a mobile phone would have all aspects of this device up and running in minutes.
Everything works just fine, it does what it says it will do - I think some of the reviews are to critical - I got what i paid for and am happy and would recommend this device to friends.
It has frozen twice, but not sure if that is me, the internet or the device.

Good piece of kit - can watch BBC Iplayer, Youtube, Netflix and many more. No ITV player, but thats because ITV player does not yet support this device, not Zoo's fault.
I say buy one!

4.0 out of 5 stars great simple fun, 28 Feb 2013
Mrs. N. C. Kelly "nicolakelly" (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Plug in and you have as my son called it "a giant phone" if u have an android you get all the featues they offer but on the big screen. For us, the games such as angry birds has been a massive bonus and you can download movies, books, music etc - watch you tube and more. You can also put your things on using sd cards usbs etc so home movies pics etc all on your big tv. smart phone on a 42" screen :-) Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviews feedback hope this helps, 26 Feb 2013
Whilst there are some fair reviews on this product it is worth noting that this is a TV box not an Android PC & it would appear some of the reviews have been made based on this assumption.
The Zoostorm TV Box allows you to stream films and access the internet via your TV, features include Air Play allowing you to stream photos & videos from your IOS device. The remote control features a keyboard and mouse pointer allowing for easy surfing. The device accepts a SD card or USB stick allowing you to view your own photos or movies via your TV.
We have upgraded the firmware to remove all setting issues previous reviewers have mentioned, the manual is now available online and is concise and offers a step by step guide on how you can get the most out of your exciting Zoostorm play box.
Check out the video on the Amazon site - to understand the true capabilities of this exciting product.........

Hope this helps anyone considering a purchase or answers questions for anyone who already owns one or has reviewed one?

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy., 19 Sep 2013
I was unsure about buying this product , but I am so glad I did it has given my tv a new lease of life, has well has Netflix there are loads of Apps to download, set up is really easy just attach the leads and away , there are some good video clips on YouTube if you need help, The remote is a bit clunky, takes a little while to get used to but other wise well worth the money, and for the price I think its good value.My 14 year old grandaughter thinks its COOL!!. so must be good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 1 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars this is good to buy, 16 Jun 2013
a good buy for what you get would say to all to buy this as your tv is better for it

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start for the price, but a few little niggles., 7 Jun 2013
I was hesitant to buy this after looking at the reviews from other purchasers here on Amazon, but I figured that the price was fair and that I could always return it if I had similar problems.

So far, after three days, I am satisfied.

PROS:
- The box is well-built, attractive, and has lots of additional features which other (slightly) cheaper options don't, such as SD card slot, USB ports, LAN port if you don't want to connect wirelessly, and an audio out port.
- It contains a keyboard remote and mains adapter, which most other similar products on Amazon don't, and you have to buy separately, actually making them more expensive overall.
- It comes with lots of things pre-loaded, like Flash Player (which is no longer available on the Google Playstore), so this is a bonus for viewing websites still using Flash.
- Generally, it works well. I haven't tested all of the features yet, but it certainly does the job for the money you pay.
- I bought the box primarily for downloading the App "SVT Play", which allows me to watch Swedish television (like BBC IPlayer in the UK), and for this is does the trick.

CONS:
- Some people here have complained about the lack of a decent manual. Well, I think you HAVE to have had some experience of using Android before getting this device. I have used Android for around 3 years, so I found the whole experience very intuitive, but I can understand how daunting it must be for anyone new to the software.
- Some people have complained about the remote. Yes, it takes some getting used to, but I find it works best when you use the remote square on the the TV/box, and if the box is at the same level as you are using the remote.
- There is some lag, and sometimes videos do not buffer very smoothly. This tends to happen after a few hours of using the device, or when using a wireless connection. Either plug the box directly into your modem, or just switch off for a few minutes and restart.
- A few of the Apps I would like to install aren't available, but that is something I'm used to with Android. Not every App is compatible with every device.

OVERALL:
I am satisfied with the product for the money I paid, and I think with a few tweaks this will be a very useful product.

UPDATE 9 June 2013:
I updated the software this morning as per the instructions in the manual. Now, every 30 seconds or so, I have a box pops up asking for a "registration code"? I will be contacting the support desk on Monday to find out what this is about. Also, I have noticed that the box is starting to give off a very high-pitched "whistle", even though it has no on-board audio output to make such a noise. I have tried moving it away from other objects in case it is interference, but getting increasingly bothered by it now.

1.0 out of 5 stars After sales WHAT AFTER SALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 29 Aug 2014
Thomas Nancarrow (ireland) - See all my reviews
This is easily the worst company i have had the misfortune to deal with. Be aware that if you are from Northern Ireland be prepared for a long hard fight if you return a faulty item. The company refused point blank to deliver the item back to northern ireland and insisted that i (a 77yr old ) employ a courier to contact the company,collect item and deliver to Northern Ireland which is part of the UK at least for the time being and foot the bill.
The Manageing Director refused to talk to me over the phone.
Enough said Be Warned

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the fastest out there, 25 Mar 2014
I did purchase this due to the fact that Amazon was selling it.

Not the fastest kit out there, but comes fully loaded with the remote/keyboard/mouse pointer which is handy.

I would like to see the same box with the latest Android version + 2GB RAM. Supports flash OK however the newest versions have HTML5 which is supportable by all main sites.

If you can spend £30-40 more go for a later edition with 2GB RAM

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful product. Awful customer service. AVOID!!!, 7 Mar 2014
Remote is terrible and barely functions
Internet settings bring up Czech homepage and difficult to navigate
Netflix keeps shutting down and not working
Airplay function (using separate app) does not work even though it definitely connects
Helpline told me to restore factory settings which now causes a "Registration code" error, the fix of which is to restore factory settings........
Apps like Sky Go, 4OD and TvCatchup don't work either so it really makes me wonder what the point of the device is...
I regretfully threw the box out straight away so I cannot return it

In summary; Very difficult to set up and use, not many functions available and those that are available barely work
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!