4.0 out of 5 stars The guide you need if on short break in Miami
Have found that Top 10 guides are usually spot on if you are visiting a city & have limited time there.
The Miami guide was no exception;-ideal for planning what we wanted to see before we got there & helped us to draw up a rough itinerary to ensure our time was well spent.
The acommpanying map is always a great help.
We don't tend to follow suggestions in...
Published 4 months ago by jg

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit random
Published 5 months ago by book addict

4.0 out of 5 stars The guide you need if on short break in Miami, 23 Nov 2013
The acommpanying map is always a great help.
We don't tend to follow suggestions in the guide for hotels & restaurants as it's much more fun to discover different places for yourself rather than go somewhere that is very busy, probably becauuse it features in the guide.
This is really the only book you need if visiting Miami but if you are touring further afield you will need an additional guide. (We used the Rough guide to Florida). Although the top 10 has information on the Florida Keys & other "nearby" attractions such as the Everglades this is limited. You also need to bear in mind that these places are several hours drive away.
Overall, I was pleased with this top 10 guide. I like the format & will no doubt be purchasing another in the series when I book my next trip.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit random, 11 Nov 2013
I usually really like and always try to buy the Top 10 guide books when I'm going on a trip as generally find them concise, pleasant to look at and easy to use - however this one was different unfortunately. It felt like it had been written in a hurry and seemed and bit repetitive and random in the way it was put together. It isn't helped by the fact that the main part of the Keys and Miami are 2 very distinct areas over a hundred miles apart but recommendations are mixed up as if they are in the same area which can be quite misleading. Also, there were a couple of descriptions of restaurants/bars which seemed like they must have been out of date. On the plus side the maps were good and because of my previous good experience with this range I will put it down to a one off and continue to buy them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tim, 1 Aug 2013
To anyone that knows these books, this ones just as informative.
The books easy to get around, and covers the main points.
Good buy for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 4 Mar 2013
I was hoping for more information about the Keys, quite limited. Can't acccurately review the guide as I have yet to go to Miami!

ARRAY(0xa5f1d3a8)